T-Shirt Forums banner

Retail Seasonality

934 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  schenk 
#1 ·
I am starting new and I had a question regarding when is the best time to contact retailers and wholesalers. From what I understood reading through this forum is that a good time to contact retailers is in Jan or Feb. However, I am still not clear on the reasoning behind that. Also just to get the complete picture on the year round process - my follow up question is when is the correct time to contact retailers for orders for Christmas, spring, summer, fall and winter seasons. If I am missing out on anything else please advice as well.

I want to make sure that I am pitching the correct products to the retailers when I present to them.

Thanks.

#2 ·
a retailer would have an x amount of money to spend on stock in (for example) januari.
he would than buy for maybe 20000 euro stock. his money is not in the bank anymore. he would sell his products untill the next season. his money plus his profit is than back in the bank 3 months later.
if you would come outside the season lets say in februarie he probably already bought enough stock for that season and also he doesnt have money to spend on more stock.

so figure out when retailers are buying stock in your area and come round that time.

small shops are much more flexible and maybe dont even do seasons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.