T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been discussed a thousand times, but............

How do you determine retail pricing? I do computerized embroidery for fun mostly, but am running into the same problem. I have a candle and bath/body business and there are kind of standards for pricing that stuff when you make it from scratch.

I can buy shirts wholesale, use Magic Mix inks through a bulk system for my Epson. I have only printed a few shirts and need more practice, but the word is out that I can do these, so people are asking me lots of questions about pricing.

Thanks.

Nancy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello, Well t shirt prices should reflect where your selling,what the image is,
and the type of shirt.
Remember your selling a more or less a unique design or something the customer has not seen elsewhere.
So using the precieved value method and we produced two tee's say of a hotrod design and you were selling at a swapmeet and i was at a hotrod show
i would have the edge and sell them at 15.00 because the cust preceives them as collectors cool type shirts. At the swap meet thier just shirts. so
10.00 max. But never under 10.00 unless your doing a wholesale deal.
Remember thye customer is buying something they cant get at target.
so your price should refect that and markup the xxl size two more bucks.

·
2,957 Posts
skulltshirts1 said:
The most general thing to do is figure out your cost for making the product and then x's it by 3 to get your retail price. I personally don't do it like that! I like to keep prices low so I make more sales.
Thomas
You need to remember that low prices don't necessarily equal more sales. You could lose customers that think your prices are low because they are of poor quality.

BurnTees had some good info about raising prices and increasing sales in this thread:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=1944&page=4&highlight=prices

Pricing is something that's different for everybody and really has to with your market, and how they perceive pricing.

"Normally" retail pricing is 4 times the cost of production and wholesale being 2 times the cost of production. Which means if it costs you $5 to produce a shirt, then "normally" it would wholesale for $10 and retail for $20.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Charge as much as you can for your bracket! Personally, I'd avoid going below $13-15 (outside of sales), as people may think it's a cheap product, or above $25-$30, as you're pricing yourself out of most markets.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Comin'OutSwingin said:
You need to remember that low prices don't necessarily equal more sales. You could lose customers that think your prices are low because they are of poor quality.

BurnTees had some good info about raising prices and increasing sales in this thread:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=1944&page=4&highlight=prices

Pricing is something that's different for everybody and really has to with your market, and how they perceive pricing.

"Normally" retail pricing is 4 times the cost of production and wholesale being 2 times the cost of production. Which means if it costs you $5 to produce a shirt, then "normally" it would wholesale for $10 and retail for $20.
Exactly. That is the marketing rule most people forget and wonder why they don't sell product.

It also depends on your market as people have already posted. I think if you're going mainstream you could do fine with $17-$20. But if your shirt quality is bad and your art is bad, then a higher price could kill you. It's all about presentation from the site design to the shirt design. If you look high quality then people will pay for it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Always know what the pricing is in your area. I use Estimate for my pricing, but stil have to make adjustments to meet teh local market. There are other pricing programs out there that are reasonably priced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts