T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Riz, and I am wanting to sell T Shirts from my retail shop that I will design.
I am hopeful that it will be a good addition to our store.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I will be wanting to do small quanitities of each one and then replenish my inventory as needed.

Ideally I will be making the shirts in store.

The more I read the more it seems that Heat Transfer is the way for me. Less of a learning curve, ability to do small quantities, etc...

What do you all think?

What are the differences in production cost between the different ways?

Can I do heat transfer to dark shirts? Black shirts?

Can Heat Transfer do white?

Sincerely,

Riz

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi,

a simple answer is that it depends on the size of your store, in my case, my store is only 9 x 3 meters, and within the space I was able to squeeze 2 BN20s and one A3 DTG, but I replaced the DTG with a plotter. So i have some experience working in tight spaces. Let me summarized this in each printing method.

Heat Transfer:
- Eco Solvent printing machines is relatively easy to maintain as compared to DTG. So you dont have too bothered with the room temperature or humidity too much. as long as it is air conditioned for 24 hours, it should be fine.
- you NEED lots of tables to work on, especially when you have many prints to do. you need to weed and mask your designs.

DTG:
- the reason why I replaced my DTG with a plotter, is because DTG is has POOR performance when the room condition is not well maintained. Be ready to suffer ceaseless headaches, as your DTG's white ink clogged up your print head. Temperature and humidity can cause your prints to suffer.
- no need to weed and mask your design, so your space requirement is fairly minimal! big plus point!

Screen printing:
- never tried this in an enclosed retail shop environment, but i wouldnt try this, because i dont want to inhale too much of those plastisol smell.

i hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.