T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i would share this info, in case anyone would be interested. I wanted to be able to make dark transparancies, and was hoping to only need one printer on my desk, so i purchased a epson wf-7520 ( i belive this is the same as a 7010 but with the added fax and scanner (I Think)). I set up a test page that consisted of a strip of 5 colored blocks. k100, cmyk100(all), rgb0, pantone hexachrome, 75 68 65 90(cmyk), then printed them several times using difrent print settings using coreldraw. Almost every time the rgb0 was the darkest followed by cmyk100. I was not completely sold on the darkness and purchased a 1430 printer and did the same test, in my opinion the 1430 produced a darker black and its darkest black was the rgb0. Also as you will notice the color strips from the 7520 seem to have damage on them from the rollers. Below is the info on the printer settings i used on the 7520 the 1430 used similar settings although the name is different in the setup.

1 main page- ultra premium, best, color
advanced page- custom(epson, saturation & cmyk +25)
maintenance print density 20%

2 same as 1, except color correction on advanced page was changed to adobe and gamma set to 2.2, print density was back to 0

3 ultra premium, hq, color
custom/epson/sat and cmy values all maxed

4 same as 3 except print density under maintenance tab was set to 0

5 prem presentation matte, hq, black/grayscale
adv-gamma 2.2, sat turned all the way up.
(got this one from a post here)

i might not have the terms exact but you should be able to find the settings, the pics i have attached have the printer and number as the file name (its the strip between the white areas) It was hard to find a way to capture this in a pic buti think youll be able to see the difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Very interesting results. I'm assuming you used OEM inks? I think most people use refills, either CIS or just refillable carts (or aftermarket carts they don't refill themselves), some using CMYK or All-Black. It really does get too expensive to use the branded inks. Which film did you use? It would be great if people using different brands of films and inks could post their own results for this. I have an 1100 and a 1400 both running on pigments but I don't screen print so I don't have any film. I may be getting a roll of Sihl film to experiment with though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all the inks were the oem that came with the printers, the film which i think i could get better was from discount screen film, my next order will be from someone else just so i can compare.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.