T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never never never order from this company. Some of their designs work, some do not - they have horrible customer service. Linda and diane are the rudest people i have ever contacted about a problem.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Who is in charge

If anyone has a name of the president of Pro World I would like to have it. Diane tells me she is in charge but I am sure this company would be out of business if she were. She is very rude and not concerned about customers so I am sure she is just a peon at the bottom of the totem pole. I need a name of someone that is in charge. I am sure some of Pro World's competitors know this information and could share it. Thanks....also, anyone that has complaints let me know - we are filing a complaint with the NJ BBB and considering a small claims case over this issue.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
re: my experience with Pro World - not good

Please provide a more in depth explanation to your problem and how they failed to resolve that problem. As helpful as it is to get the angry vent off your chest, it doesn't do anything really to let others know how you were mistreated. Going in depth not only helps customers that may purchase from this company understand how you were treated, but also helps the company resolve said issues if they wish. There are also many people here who may do nothing but press transfers full time that may be able to toss in some insight to resolve your production problem from this point forth.

Realize first that Proworld does not make the transfers (least I'm pretty sure they don't do any inhouse production), they instead buy from many of the different companies that produce plastisol transfers and resell them. However, they should be focusing on Customer Service and Product Knowledge as major components of their business model for reselling. They should be able to handle the customers issues, and most customer's will be angry because they have not only wasted time, energy, but also product (both what Proworld sells and also the fact that it will be ruining whatever it failed to apply to). Having worked Customer service for quite a few years in other fields, the best skill to hone is the ability to defuse the situation/get the emotions aside and get down to the source of the problem, from there it's just a matter of working on a resolution.

Transfers can occasionally be a very frustrating thing. We've wasted many shirts before due to incorrect generic instructions, or something as simple as our press's temperature being off, not having enough pressure, getting distracted while aligning, and so on. This is part of the reason why markup is generally high on a generic design though, the blank usually doesn't cost much, and the transfer is usually a fraction of the blank's cost, yet you can yield sometimes at least a 400% markup. You have to recover the cost of the "oopsies".

We have two identical presses, except one's a few years older and it actually heats up about 20 degrees hotter than the temperature gauge reads. When switching to the newer press, what we did for the old didn't work for the new and we had to scratch our heads as we wasted about 3-4 shirts. Also, my mother's heavy and medium pressure also differ greatly than mine (especially my "heavy", which sometimes has the press doing acrobatics when I release), that being said, I usually have less issues that are pressure related than her. Anyway, I look forward to hearing more about the situation at hand and hope that things get resolved!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Here it is in a nutshell:

A customer of mine ordered several transfers from Pro World. She brought the first ones in and we put them on for her. We followed the directions to a letter and they worked fine. She returned with 2 more designs and the first one went fine. The second one stuck to the paper. These were all put on sweatshirts.

When I contacted Pro World (after the customer had tried) they basically said we did not follow their directions. I read the directions to them and they said we needed to adjust them for Gildan sweatshirts although we used the same sweatshirt on all the designs.

It was more the fact they were rude and willing to lose us as a customer (who by the way had a $2,500 order in progress with them) rather than replace this customers $6.00 sweatshirt and $3.00 transfer. Linda nor Diane seemed to care about the customer (or me as a customer). I don't guess they have heard that the customer is right...lol

Anyway - I printed out the directions as well as the order form (which they stated the customer said she had her own heat press and this was not true) and we will be sending it to the NJ BBB as well as the customer has a nephew that is in NJ who wil lfile a small claims case against them.

I guess it is more a "principal" of the thing at this point but they lost a 2500 sale plus future sales just for how they handled this issue.

Diane said she was the top person in charge so her decision was final.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Re: Who is in charge

Thanks for clarifying that Cindylou. They must have bent you way out of shape to threaten small claims court over $9. But like you said, it is the "principle". I myself was thinking of purchasing some transfers from Pro World. I would like to hear the other side of this coin.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts

Can you post a pic of the transfer that didnt work. I have never seen special instructions for Gilden sweatshirts. I have done Gilden hoodies many times with no problems.

I think the directions on the Pro-World website are pretty basic starting points for appyling transfers. The transfers come from about 8 or 9 different producers and some of these companies make a wide variety of transfers and ink combinations.

I am pretty sure they would be happy to send you a replacement image but I dont think you would get a replacement shirt. Everone who has ever pressed a transfer at some point screws one up.

I usually always purchase a couple extras and test one before doing production on anything.

I am not discounting the fact you may have a bad transfer because I have had a few myself. I cant comment on the customer service since I wasnt involved in the actual conversations or temperments of the parties involved. I understand principle but I also understand how many factors contribute to a good transfer pressing.

So...if you could post a pic of the transfer maybe I can help you or at least identify the manufacturer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I guess you need to make your own decision but I would not do business with someone willing to lose a customer over that amount of money. Believe me, I have given up a lot more than that to please a customer and I am a small business compared to them.
Go to their site...read their directions...but be aware they do not guarantee they are right....they say you might have to "tweek" it to your machine even though it works the other two times you have done it.

·
Registered
679 Posts

None of the stock transfer manufacturers will replace the garments. Stock transfers misprint once in a while, it is a fact and a cost of doing business - your cost. The overwhelming percentage of misprints are from the press and operator, not the transfer. Pro World sells trans from a lot of manufacturers. Whose transfer misprinted? I'd be curious to know. Were all of the transfers you printed identical? Most of the bigger manufacturers make a quality product.

Now I will agree, if they told me I had to do something special because it was a gildan garment, I'd be suspicious.

But to expect them to replace the shirt is downright unreasonable. To rant and rave about it is also going a bit far.

I've never purchased from Pro World, we buy in large volumes directly from the manufacturers but ProWorld provides a valuable service, especially when they break packages and sell one piece. And in 20 years in this business I've never heard a complaint about them.

I'm sure your plight has been noticed by now. Good luck.

I guess you need to make your own decision but I would not do business with someone willing to lose a customer over that amount of money. Believe me, I have given up a lot more than that to please a customer and I am a small business compared to them.
Go to their site...read their directions...but be aware they do not guarantee they are right....they say you might have to "tweek" it to your machine even though it works the other two times you have done it.

·
Registered
626 Posts

I too have bought transfers on many occasions from Proworld. I use them solely and have recommended them both here on this forum and to friends. I have always found them to be knowledgeable and willing to resolve issues. Have I gotten a few bad transfers in orders? sure. But the majority have been great and I don't think it is worth my time or theirs to quibble about a bad transfer because the cost can be absorbed in the profit of the rest.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Would it be possible to update the first post in this thread to reflect the resolution of this issue? If I hadn't read all the way through the thread to the second page, I would not have known that everything is now resolved.

Glad it worked out!

Eric :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts

I have a ProWorld story that probablly ranks up here with these bad stories also, but it has nothing to do with screwing up a transfer or shirt.

I posted some designs for sale on my site that were offered by ProWorld. At that time, I probablly purchased a couple hundred dollars worth of transfers a month from ProWorld. I purchased a transfer that said "Sometimes I feel like a slut, sometimes I don't" from them.

About a month later I got a knock on the door and I was being served papers. I was being sued by Hershey's chocolate for trademark infringement by using the ProWorld design.

To make a long story short, it ended up costing me about $4,000 in attorney fees.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts

This was actually a design produced by X-it. We also had a couple of years of litigation and cost us several thousand in legal fees....and I guess we lost a good customer even though we were caught in the middle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.