T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, so I drive 250 miles to the printwear and promotion live at the NEC, with the intention of buying the J-5i DTG printer, so I see their stand, see the the printer I want, but none of them are printing, so I walk around the expo a little thinking I will return later and then one of them must be printing right? wrong I returned 3 times to their stand only to find the same image printed on the same t shirts still on the same machines. I stood there for approx. 10 mins before someone finally approached me, now the way I test a DTG is to take my own image randomly downloaded from the internet, high quality good res etc but the main reason is that the seller does not have the time to doctor the image to their perfection to produce a perfect print every time, so I say, I would like to see the machine in action, salesman says no probs, know I know he is going to print the same vivid image that is already in the rip and tweaked to the max on to the tee, so I say, hey, can you print my image off my usb stick?, I would also like you to remove the background from the image using your rip, his reply? " sorry I cant do that, I cant remove the background on our rip, what??? a 10k printer with a rip you cannot remove the background off an image??

need I say, NO SALE,

I walked 100 yards to another DTG printer that took the image, removed the background and printed a perfect black t shirt,
Sale complete :)

· Registered
868 Posts
Hi everyone, so I drive 250 miles to the printwear and promotion live at the NEC, with the intention of buying the J-5i DTG printer, so I see their stand, see the the printer I want, but none of them are printing, so I walk around the expo a little thinking I will return later and then one of them must be printing right? wrong I returned 3 times to their stand only to find the same image printed on the same t shirts still on the same machines. I stood there for approx. 10 mins before someone finally approached me, now the way I test a DTG is to take my own image randomly downloaded from the internet, high quality good res etc but the main reason is that the seller does not have the time to doctor the image to their perfection to produce a perfect print every time, so I say, I would like to see the machine in action, salesman says no probs, know I know he is going to print the same vivid image that is already in the rip and tweaked to the max on to the tee, so I say, hey, can you print my image off my usb stick?, I would also like you to remove the background from the image using your rip, his reply? " sorry I cant do that, I cant remove the background on our rip, what??? a 10k printer with a rip you cannot remove the background off an image??

need I say, NO SALE,

I walked 100 yards to another DTG printer that took the image, removed the background and printed a perfect black t shirt,
Sale complete :)
I have to step in here and deliver some facts. The R-Jet 5i is not £10k as you stated, £7,500 is the show offer.

The RIP can remove a background, any RIP can do this but they all do it quite badly to a professionals eye. The correct and industry standard way is to prepare the artwork correctly to get the best from the printer.

If this is your hard and fast way of judging a DTG printer and you are happy with the results that is fine. I don't see the need to bash us on this forum because we wouldn't print your file on demand.

We choose not to take files from visitors at the show randomly for security reasons. When you have paid enough money to buy a house for cash to exhibit at the size Resolute does, it is necessary to put procedures in place to stop a virus getting onto the rip computer or worse the Linux computer housed inside some of our printers.

This has happened before at a show, and before anyone chips in we have up to date anti virus software running. It does not stop someone who intends to cause chaos and plenty think this is a funny thing to do.

Now I am not suggesting this was your intention, but when I find out who that person was that refused to print your file they will be getting a thank you for sticking to the rules.

I am very pleased your trip to P&P was a success and I wish you all the best in the future with your new DTG. If we inconvenienced you in anyway i am sorry, but rules are rules and it is unfortunate we have to take these measures to protect our investment.

Best Regards

Colin

· Registered
1 Posts
I would just like to say we didn't have any sales people on our stand, we are all technicians and I am the head tech at Resolute.

If you were waiting 10 minutes to be attended to I am sorry but that would only happen when we have a crowd, as that does happen sometimes. But I don't think we would ignore you if the stand was quiet.

In the past we have had machines not printing due computer problems caused by introducing usb drives from potential customers asking us to print for them at a shows, we use industry standard artwork that has not had any special "tweaking" its just 300dpi in RGB, all standard stuff. Other than that I am not sure what else you could do to it to make it print any better.

Welcome to the DTG industry, I hope it goes well for you.

· Registered
868 Posts
No need to bitter against your competion :)
I am not bitter, far from it! IMHO I think people should be clearly informed why they are buying a DTG printer that when launched had an RRP of £17,500 in the UK and is now reduced to £5,999 + vat.

To drop the price of a DTG printer more than £11,000 can only mean one of a few things, I am sure I don't need to spell these out publicly.

Running costs are a big part of DTG printing, lucky for you an alternative is now available.

I wish you all the best and hope DTG works out for you.

Best Regards

Colin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.