T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know what the best way to go about getting a resell license(seller's permit)? I am not talking about a tax I.D. Also, I was thinking of getting a tax I.D., seller's permit and all other paperwork necessary this year to become a legitimate LLC. However, I am hesitant because I do not have much time to make money before the year is out and I am assuming that filling out all required tax information come next year will become a headache and costly? all comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
For me in Colorado, the Tax ID license and resale license are one in the same. The process for registering the business was pretty easy and cost about $75 (50 of which was a sale tax deposit, which will be refunded once we collect enough sales tax).

Now, how much of a hassle it is to deal with all the tax papers depends on how organized you are; its definitely a nusiance for us because our organization as far as what we've sold, etc. isn't great. You will probably have to file quarterly and for each special event. However, better than running the risk of getting caught selling stuff without a legitimate business, I'd say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts