T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here i go..

well im hi im 15 want to get into screen printing ,but dont have the money i live in a really small town in tx,we have a local mall where mostly all the kids at my school get their clothes mostly crappy designs and no plains.

well any way alot of kids want my designs on tshirts but i dont have any money for supplies so i thought why not sale blank t shirts to make money to buy my supplies i found this website that i really like

BlankShirts.com - Wholesale Name Brand T-Shirts and Apparel

and i dont know if its illegal or anything thats why i came here i dont want to get into any kind of trouble,but my question is could i buy them here and resale them to people at a little bit higher price is it legal?:D

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Sure it is legal to buy them and resell them. Just curious as to where you gonna get the money to buy the blank shirts to sell? If you can buy blanks you can buy supplies. Also what printing method will you be using?

·
Administrator
14,489 Posts
It's not really legal until you get all your ducks in a row. Ask your city, county and state permit departments if you need a license. Then, you will have to register with the state for a sales tax license. You are required to collect and remit sales tax on the items you sell.

Once you get your sales tax license, report back here and we can tell you where you can buy your shirts wholesale cheaper than what you would pay at blankshirts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
cut stencils and spraypaint the shirts, if you have a little talent and save your money you'll be on the way. PM me if you want some pointers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure it is legal to buy them and resell them. Just curious as to where you gonna get the money to buy the blank shirts to sell? If you can buy blanks you can buy supplies. Also what printing method will you be using?
hey thanks for answering my question, yeah i know some one we ask that . well theres more of a demand for blank t's at school then some with designs on them,i want people to know that they can buy good quality from me before they buy my custom made t"s

i will be using screen printing as my method

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not really legal until you get all your ducks in a row. Ask your city, county and state permit departments if you need a license. Then, you will have to register with the state for a sales tax license. You are required to collect and remit sales tax on the items you sell.

Once you get your sales tax license, report back here and we can tell you where you can buy your shirts wholesale cheaper than what you would pay at blankshirts.
could i even get a selling license im 15?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts