T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Sounds like some sludge buildup on the botton of head. I'd also clean out the dampers, the little filters inside may have built up some "TO" and you may have a intermittant ink starvation problem.

Reactions: sunnydayz

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I would definitely flush your system to get any buildup out, as it sounds like you are having intermitent particles that are flowing through. I flush mine with 50/50 distilled water and cleaning solution. I usually do a flush once a month as part of my maintenance just to make sure I do not get this buildup. Do you flush your system on a regular basis?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I went through something similar the first year I had my Kiosk. I was not told either to replace the capping station on a regular basis. Now I replace it every five to six months. What a difference. Also, be sure you clean the seal really well as well as the wiper blade and the ramp on the printhead. After 4 printheads and 35 dampers in seven months I upgraded to the WIMS. I have not had any issues with the white ink or dampers in eight months now. The dampers for the white ink are larger. I think that makes a big difference. Also be sure you put cleaning solution in the capping station every day. I make it part of the end of the day cleaning process. That will also help. I wish I had been told about the capping station also. Kind of like changing the oil in your car. I learned most of what I know today from the wonderful helpful people on this forum. Good Luck!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts