T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
only owned my machine for a few months. have to replace my capping station already. cant get SWF to call me back. sitting here with my machine wide open....not sure what to do to get it out. instructions they emailed me are a joke. no instructional video on their web. how does this company stay in business? can anyone help?

· Registered
2,740 Posts
Tech support should be able to supply you with the instructions of how to replace the capping station. I see that they spoke with you last evening about an hour after you posted. Were you able to get the capping station installed?

PS - you are first in the queue this morning for a followup call - I just checked our support system

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes I got the capping station replaced....with no help from SWF. my first call went in around 9:30-10:00 AM, someone finally got back to me at 2:30 PM, told me I needed to replace the capping station. I started, realized the instructions that were sent to me were pathetic, called right back and pleaded with the lady to put me back to the tech I just spoke with ten minutes ago because I had my machine shut down, wide open and was stuck. NO...back in the que for a 4 hour wait!!! You sold me on the idea that SWF was a much larger company with great tech support. I'm a fool for listening to you.

· Registered
55 Posts
yes I got the capping station replaced....with no help from SWF. my first call went in around 9:30-10:00 AM, someone finally got back to me at 2:30 PM, told me I needed to replace the capping station. I started, realized the instructions that were sent to me were pathetic, called right back and pleaded with the lady to put me back to the tech I just spoke with ten minutes ago because I had my machine shut down, wide open and was stuck. NO...back in the que for a 4 hour wait!!! You sold me on the idea that SWF was a much larger company with great tech support. I'm a fool for listening to you.
I agree with you 100%!!!!

· Registered
2,739 Posts
only owned my machine for a few months. have to replace my capping station already. cant get SWF to call me back. sitting here with my machine wide open....not sure what to do to get it out. instructions they emailed me are a joke. no instructional video on their web. how does this company stay in business? can anyone help?
Was it a brand new machine or used that you bought from someone else?

· Registered
336 Posts
Capping stations amount for 75% of our problem issues..
Seems like everyone is so fast to slam SWF / Coldesi.... Most of these problems are common sense and can be fixed pretty easily.
Keep in mind your not the only customer, im sure the calls are returned in the order they are received. Get a grip people... Garment Printing is a Problem solving business, and most people are problem solvers there are quick to lay on their back like a turtle and scream help me help me.

If you are willing to learn and your not resourceful the Garment printing, Embroidery, Silk screening etc is not for you.

The you tube videos and instructions they provide for head replacement, capping station, part replacement worked pretty good for me.... just saying.

· Registered
49 Posts
Capping stations amount for 75% of our problem issues..
Seems like everyone is so fast to slam SWF / Coldesi.... Most of these problems are common sense and can be fixed pretty easily.
Keep in mind your not the only customer, im sure the calls are returned in the order they are received. Get a grip people... Garment Printing is a Problem solving business, and most people are problem solvers there are quick to lay on their back like a turtle and scream help me help me.

If you are willing to learn and your not resourceful the Garment printing, Embroidery, Silk screening etc is not for you.

The you tube videos and instructions they provide for head replacement, capping station, part replacement worked pretty good for me.... just saying.
WOW! maybe when you climb down off your high horse and get your feet on the ground, you can stop assuming you know what everyone's situation is.....just saying. I'll assume Don won't jump on to "like" this.

· Registered
2,740 Posts
You are correct that I won't jump on to "like" your post. Mark runs a very successful business using our printers and has earned the right to speak as an enduser. The forums are not just for folks to come and complain about things - but also for folks who have been there to help one another.

Mark has had his first machine since one month after you received yours (same model - HM1c). I pulled support records and there are more recorded support calls in the system from his company than from yours and his average support response time is virtually the same. He is speaking to you from experience & trying to help, not asking for abuse.

Mark has built his business up by buying used machines (HM1c's) that "didn't work" from people as well as purchasing at least three units directly from us (he has HM1c's, a Viper and an M2). There is a lot to be learned from the experience that he is willing to share with this forum.

· Registered
49 Posts
You are correct that I won't jump on to "like" your post. Mark runs a very successful business using our printers and has earned the right to speak as an enduser. The forums are not just for folks to come and complain about things - but also for folks who have been there to help one another.

Mark has had his first machine since one month after you received yours (same model - HM1c). I pulled support records and there are more recorded support calls in the system from his company than from yours and his average support response time is virtually the same. He is speaking to you from experience & trying to help, not asking for abuse.

Mark has built his business up by buying used machines (HM1c's) that "didn't work" from people as well as purchasing at least three units directly from us (he has HM1c's, a Viper and an M2). There is a lot to be learned from the experience that he is willing to share with this forum.
Tried to post an answer to this earlier but it disappeared. I don't think my response was abusing Mark. I'm always more than willing to accept help and learn from someone that wants to share their experience. I don't think telling people to "get a grip" and that most people "lay on their back like a turtle and scream help me help me" is being helpful or sharing experience. Sounds more like being arrogant and condescending. If you know nothing about me or my business don't make assumptions.

He has obviously had a positive experience with his DTG's......good for him. I have not had that same experience and I have every right to post that as well. I have had more problems and less support with my HM1-C than any other machine in my shop. That's MY experience. I tried to call you....will try again so we can discuss solutions to my problem.

· Registered
2,740 Posts
I tried to call you....will try again so we can discuss solutions to my problem.
I was away at lunch, didn't see a missed call on my phone. My number - 877-793-3278 ext. 1022 or direct line 813-579-5659. I will be glad to work with you to get through your problems - our support notes don't indicate anything in about the past 5-6 months.

I will be in the office until 5-5:30 EST today - then out until Tuesday for a friend's wedding.

· Registered
336 Posts
WOW! maybe when you climb down off your high horse and get your feet on the ground, you can stop assuming you know what everyone's situation is.....just saying. I'll assume Don won't jump on to "like" this.
I'm sorry you feel the need to hide behind a keyboard, if you have an issue with me or my responses you are more than welcome to discuss face to face. If you are offended by my comment then obviously you are guilty of these actions. As far as me being"arrogant and condescending" I am far from that but I hate the forum BS but help those who help themselves!

I am far from a genius or a DTG wizard I am more like a novice at best, but I have had tons of problems buying other people problems and bad machine and now I have 8 machines that run great! guess what things happen, but I have never taken an Epson class or anything related... Keep parts new, clean etc. and most likely you will have a machine that prints....

I have machines that are some of the original HM1's that were converted to Model c's and they run great now. I will say one thing the whole maintenance thing is way over rated we never do it... maybe and I mean maybe we clean thing 1 time every 2-3 weeks at best.... and I bet no one prints like the volume we do with these.. not saying this is the recipe for success, but they run great, and yes at time they do weird crazy things... but you learn what to look for and get past it.

Don is correct these forums should be for people to help one another.... I feel bad I am not here to help more with my little bit of knowledge I have learned in 3 years; but I like most of the business owners here t-shirt forums, i'm sure they are busy fixing their own problems and trying new printing methods etc. I have had my fair share of bad DTG experiences but you get thru them and you learn... and you try things and get thru them! Its called being resourceful, trying and learning.

Most people that run the DTG printers have no business running them, you need some computer background, some ambition, and a thimble full of common sense.

Coldesi doesn't pay me anything! I have looked at many competitors brands machines etc. and I feel I get the best machine and support that would be expected for DTG with Coldesi.
No one manufacture is perfect but I feel that I have made the correct choices.

Don you have all the background checks your like inspector Clouseau I love it! :) lol

· Registered
492 Posts
Now this posting will likely not get some folks to push the "like" button either, but I think it needs to be said.

People like Harry and Don are real assets to our forum, and I am glad they are here participating.
They are an voice into thier companies that would not otherwise be available. Other DTG sellers do not actively participate, and that says a lot about them (listening MESA?).

That said, many of the folks who come here and complain do so because they are so frustrated that they need to vent. I would rather they told us exactly what is wrong and what they have done to try and resolve it so we can be of the most help, but man, are they mad at that point!

Most DTG users were sold a bill of goods and not told of the instability of the platform, the inconsistency of product produced, not to mention the learning curve and need to become a DTG technician. Many would have never purchased if they had known. Blame the sales dept for this, but it still is part of the DTG company that you work within.

The folks at these companies have never known the feeling of desperation when the machine fails in the middle of a print run. Moneys on the table, you have committed to the customer, and are underway, when WHAM! You are unable to finish. The emotions of this are devestating, especially if you are so stuck that you miss the customer's deadline and let them down. Oh Boy, can that get ugly!

Customer service can never be quick enough to respond in these situations, and 3 hours is way too long. When a DTG printer is down in the middle of a print run, the customer with a service policy in place should be put on with a tech during the first call- STAT!
Not doing this tells the customer that he is alone in his situation, hence the upset responses. The company does not feel our pain! And they should, if their goal is to really offer support. Our profits depend on the machine, and most have no other way to get the job done.

Better customer service should be the goal, not telling someone that they actually didn't have to wait as long as they said they did. It's just not helpful, and will peeve them further. The first phone call is critical, and most DTG companies handle it poorly.

When I call eBay, I can talk to a live person within a minute, and my transaction there is less than 20 dollars. Why can't the support for a 20 thousand dollar machine be just as good?

Again, I'M pleased that some companies participate here, but the frustration level of daily DTG printing is very high. We need a company with WORLD CLASS SUPPORT. Anybody out there listening?

By the way, in this forum anyone can speak here as an "End User". They don't need to "Earn the right". Who gets to decide who's worthy? Sounds like a stinky way to put down opposition. Geez, now I sound like a liberal...

As always,

dANNY8bALL

· Registered
49 Posts
Now this posting will likely not get some folks to push the "like" button either, but I think it needs to be said.

People like Harry and Don are real assets to our forum, and I am glad they are here participating.
They are an voice into thier companies that would not otherwise be available. Other DTG sellers do not actively participate, and that says a lot about them (listening MESA?).

That said, many of the folks who come here and complain do so because they are so frustrated that they need to vent. I would rather they told us exactly what is wrong and what they have done to try and resolve it so we can be of the most help, but man, are they mad at that point!

Most DTG users were sold a bill of goods and not told of the instability of the platform, the inconsistency of product produced, not to mention the learning curve and need to become a DTG technician. Many would have never purchased if they had known. Blame the sales dept for this, but it still is part of the DTG company that you work within.

The folks at these companies have never known the feeling of desperation when the machine fails in the middle of a print run. Moneys on the table, you have committed to the customer, and are underway, when WHAM! You are unable to finish. The emotions of this are devestating, especially if you are so stuck that you miss the customer's deadline and let them down. Oh Boy, can that get ugly!

Customer service can never be quick enough to respond in these situations, and 3 hours is way too long. When a DTG printer is down in the middle of a print run, the customer with a service policy in place should be put on with a tech during the first call- STAT!
Not doing this tells the customer that he is alone in his situation, hence the upset responses. The company does not feel our pain! And they should, if their goal is to really offer support. Our profits depend on the machine, and most have no other way to get the job done.

Better customer service should be the goal, not telling someone that they actually didn't have to wait as long as they said they did. It's just not helpful, and will peeve them further. The first phone call is critical, and most DTG companies handle it poorly.

When I call eBay, I can talk to a live person within a minute, and my transaction there is less than 20 dollars. Why can't the support for a 20 thousand dollar machine be just as good?

Again, I'M pleased that some companies participate here, but the frustration level of daily DTG printing is very high. We need a company with WORLD CLASS SUPPORT. Anybody out there listening?

By the way, in this forum anyone can speak here as an "End User". They don't need to "Earn the right". Who gets to decide who's worthy? Sounds like a stinky way to put down opposition. Geez, now I sound like a liberal...

As always,

dANNY8bALL
I could not have summed it up any better than this. Now this is a great COMMON SENSE answer. dANNY8bALL isn't beating his chest and putting others down, just taking a look at the situation from all sides and making a reasonable summation. thanks!

by the way, had a great conversation with Don yesterday. He's truly trying to help. That is very much appreciated.

· Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm with bilet here. Most *business owners* shouldn't be in business, not just DTG or garment production.

I'm thankful that DTG is a pain to learn. Otherwise we'd all be competing for $0.25 margins. I'm thankful people give up -- where else could I buy perfectly operator g hardware for 80% off retail?

I'm glad manufacturers don't force a 30 minute response guarantee warranty on me. I save thousands a year per machine in support I don't need.

I understand the frustration with feeling lied to by a sales team. That's sales. Doesn't matter what they're selling. I did my due diligence before buying every machine I bought. I saw the complaints. I review support manuals and talked to people who quit whatever business it was.

Profit without hard work doesn't exist.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
260 Posts

As always,

dANNY8bALL
Fully agree with this comment, customers pay a lot of money for these machines and deserve a fast and useful response when calling for technical help. But speaking from the "tech" side of this, we DO try and help as fast as possible but need to get a picture in our mind of what the problem is. We are on the end of a phone line, and cannot see whats happening on the other side of the phone. There are some "stock" questions that we ask when a customer first calls for support which sometimes sound condescending, but these questions could mean the difference between a 2 minute over the phone fix and a callout costing the customer 100's of dollars/pounds.
Basically what I'm saying is, be prepared when you call. Be prepared to answer what may sound like silly questions, and be prepared to take photo's of the problem parts or prints. We do try, but we are not psychic ;-). Also try to have answers ready for the first basic questions which will be:
1. What does the nozzle check look like
2. Are the ink bottles topped up
3. Have you tried restarting the printer (this sounds like the most annoying question ever, but you would be surprised how many times this cures a fault because some unusable print data from a failed job had locked up the printer).

And remember that for every user that is posting complaints about their DTG supplier (which ever supplier it is) there are 100's happily printing money

· Registered
336 Posts
I'm with bilet here. Most *business owners* shouldn't be in business, not just DTG or garment production.

I'm thankful that DTG is a pain to learn. Otherwise we'd all be competing for $0.25 margins. I'm thankful people give up -- where else could I buy perfectly operator g hardware for 80% off retail?

I'm glad manufacturers don't force a 30 minute response guarantee warranty on me. I save thousands a year per machine in support I don't need.

I understand the frustration with feeling lied to by a sales team. That's sales. Doesn't matter what they're selling. I did my due diligence before buying every machine I bought. I saw the complaints. I review support manuals and talked to people who quit whatever business it was.

Profit without hard work doesn't exist.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using T-Shirt Forums
could not have said it better myself.... lol
:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.