T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CRAP!!

I just bought a new screen and I bumped into it with the corner of another screen. There is a small hole in it now - it is near the edge so it wouldn't effect the main printing area but I am worried that eventually it will grow and make the screen totally unusable. I'm a small start-up operation so this is a little more annoying than you guys with a room full of spares.

Can I do something to patch it? What about clear nail polish, like my mom used to do with a run in her nylons? Any ideas?

R

·
Registered
27 Posts
Order a new screen. This one will fail at some point, usually at the most inopportune time. Till then use a little superglue around the edges of the hole.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ditto. except tape one side so that the fibers join then hit it with gap filling CA glue. it should work fine for quite a while if using a manual press.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I take a small piece of mesh alittle bigger then the hole then saturate it with ca or superglue then patch the hole with it it soakes in the screen around the hole and keeps the hole from getting bigger.. Albie

·
Registered
43 Posts
we use our frame glue. We put tape on one side and put glue on the other, then once it dries take the tape off and put glue on the other side. I have never had one rip at the same glued spot, knock on wood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts