T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using water based ink. I was printing the pocket on a polo shirt, this is the first time i have printed pockets. i messed the first four prints up pretty bad. after messing these up i wanted to quit screen printing because i was so frustrated. eventually i collected myself and started over and every other one turned out great. i was printing an opaque white on a black shirt..

my question: can i remove the water based ink from the shirt? i know that you can do this with plastisol with a spot gun remover. is there anything that i can do to salvage these expensive shirts?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I don't personally know of a way to remove it (which certainly doesn't mean there isn't one :)). There might be something that can break it down, but I wouldn't bet on it. I think Fluid's advice to contact the manufacturer is probably the best route.

·
Registered
67 Posts
reviving this thread......!

i just saw a video from ryonet that says you cant spot remove WB ink......... BUT i have spot gun and i bought it without knowing that, and i have used it on waterbased ink and it worked perfectly fine....... one shirt was off production for about 30-60 min. the other one was probably 2 weeks old..........

anyone else use a spot gun on WB ink?

·
Registered
1 Posts
reviving this thread......!

i just saw a video from ryonet that says you cant spot remove WB ink......... BUT i have spot gun and i bought it without knowing that, and i have used it on waterbased ink and it worked perfectly fine....... one shirt was off production for about 30-60 min. the other one was probably 2 weeks old..........

anyone else use a spot gun on WB ink?
but what do you use as a fluid in the spot gun??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts