T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have followed the instructions for photoshop that came with rippro software. It says and shows to use magic wand, click on white background, then I wil see marching ants surrounding white background (which I do) then click edit then clear and checkerboard indicates a transparent background. But I do not get the cleackerboard background. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The background layer is usually locked and doesn't allow for transparency. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but this is what I do, as it also leaves me a copy of the original should anything bad happen:
Open my file
Duplicate the background layer (in your Layers flyout, right click where it says Background and choose Duplicate layer)
Remove visibility on the background layer (the little Eye next to Background on the layer flyout)
Then proceed as your other instructions directed and you should now have transparency.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you have an intricate subject to print you could create a clipping path. This allows you to zoom in and create points around your subject to isolate it from the background. You can move these points after created to fine tune your path. It would be easier for you to open PhotoShop and click on help and type in Create Clipping Mask. This will lead you step by step on how to create one. This may be more complex than what you need but it is another way if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts