T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
try www.continentalclothing.com no label just size and wash instructions, easily as good as american apparel.

it's against E.U law to sell without wash instructions and certain manufacture details. if you're using american apparel, leave the label in and simply add yours on top, they have a strong brand identity and it will help you to sell.

if you really dont want to leave them in, get they proffesionally changed for less than 1 euro per shirt, its worth it other wise you'll have people sending back your shirts faulty.

· Registered
16 Posts
alot of manufacturers, high street and high fashion are using a screen print in the back of the shirt as a label, and yes, done well it looks good.

as far as i'm concerned, you must always think about the quality of your shirts, you don't want to be getting them sent back and at the end of the day the better the quality, the more you can charge or to put it another way, the better you quality the stronger your brand will become.

if you're starting with an american apparel shirt dont fu*k it up by sticking heat transfer paper or some cr*p like that, without sounding too harsh, thats teribble advice!!!!!

i would suggest again to contact www.continentalclothing.com, based in london. i use their shirts, and YES they will sell you less than 20.

go to your local department store, find the shirts or other garments and you'll get a few ideas, it's the best way.

don't ruin your shirts just to save a few £££££. you'll make back what you spend when you sell, thats if your quality is good. if you sell a few and the label is some heat transfer paper and the customer rips it out anyway because it either looks terible or rubs and hurts, they wont buy another, they wont recomend you.

like i've already said before, it's all about marketing and reputation is a massive part of that.

· Registered
16 Posts
can you show me any of your designs vinci?

i think the europeans have a different mentality when it comes to quality!!!!!

at the danger of repeating myself, i feel that the scale of your operation and the marketing oportunities available to you (by that i mean everyone, not you in particular) limit how many sales you actually make. therefore to maxamize you profit you can do only a few things, one is to get all your materials as cheap as possible, keep you production costs down and compromise quality in the hope that you sell alot of units but don't gain reputation or get repeat sales.

the other thing is to keep quality control high, maybe risk selling fewer shirts, due to cheaper competition but have a good product, at a higher price. this will result in a better reputation, repeat sales and may get you noticed by retail outlets.

i've worked in the london fashion industry for some time and it isn't as hard as you think it would be to contact buyers and send samples to shops. if you send them quality stock, and the graphics are interesting/ different then you'll get some feed back. if you send them a sh*t product, it doen't matter how it looks, they'll throw it away.

anyway, like i said, how can we see your designs? if you want to contact me you can do so through my site. Rich at www.deadbysunday.co.uk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.