T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

It might sound weird, but I'm looking for a specific kind of underwear t-shirts for men. I buy Hanes and they are good. If you're a man and use deodorant, you know what happens to your t-shirts in time. The armpits yellow, they start thickening with the deodorant residue, and the yellow shoes on the outside (yuck). I should add that this eventually transfers to the outer shirt I'm wearing, like a white dress shirt, and eventually it will yellow as well, ruining the shirt.

I'm looking for a t-shirt that has the armpit reinforced to avoid this from showing and to strengthen the armpit (sometimes they tear after a while from being yellowed). I'm looking for something similar to what they do with sweat socks where they reinforce the heel and/or toe with the thicker gray material.

Any idea, or should I invent something? :)

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
Have you ever seen such a shirt, or are you just hoping one like that exists?

Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'd probably just do what I do now (buy more undershirts).

I'm sure other members might have more enlightening feedback :)

:welcome:

·
Registered
30 Posts
That does sound a bit wierd at first. But once you explained it, I started thinking, "Now, why didn't I think of that?!?!"

I would buy 'em.

Profits and success to all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I should have gotten a patent before posting that (LOL). I haven't seen it, but I can't imagine why it hasn't been invented, unless the whole idea is to have the armpit breathe, then this idea wouldn't be practical. Didn't hurt to ask though (or did it...). :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
By the time they get yellow like you say it's usually time to by new ones. I would look into trying a different deodorant/antipersperant before reinforcing my tshirts. But it is kinda interesting idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are actually armpit guards used by talk show hosts and actresses. Many pageant girls use them as well. These are inserted or attached to the inside of the shirt so there's no chance of them coming lose. It's not exactly what you're talking about, but similar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts