T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have someone who wants me to print on tri-blend tees. The tees are American Apparel tri-blend. Heather grey and also coffee colored. They are 50%polyester/25%cotton/25%rayon.

Can I print with regular plastisol ink on tri-blend tees? Or will I need a low bleed ink?

Anyone have any experience with AA tri-blend tees that could offer some printing advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I print tons of these and they work fine with regular plastisol. Run your dryer as cool as possible to get a cure because they shrink - especially the brown coffee color.

·
Registered
238 Posts
And make sure that you use an ink that has bleed resistance in it, if it is dark color, like coffee or heather.

Erin

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info aldenski & Erin! I've printed with normal plastisol (Not the low bleed) on 50/50 shirts before and had no problems. (Dark ink on light colored shirts) So I was thinking I might be able to get away with it on these too. I'll give it a go. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heya! I do a fair amount of printing on these tees and have noticed that they definitely shrink under a flash.. thanks to the previous posts for reaffirming my belief that they're shrinking. Rayon shmayon. I too have found dye migration to occasionally be an issue, but my main beef is with the unpredictable shrinkage factor. Steer clear of tight edged artwork, when possible.. and definitely don't hit the plastisol more than once. Too thick and weighs the shirt down badly.

hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts