T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently separated a four-color design in photoshop using the eyedropper and magic wand to put each color into its own channel. However, I am having trouble getting the registration marks onto each channel. For example, I flattened the image and put the registration marks on the flattened image and they are black. But when I take the red out of the image into a separate channel, I can not bring the reg. mark along without pulling all of the black out of the image and not just the marks. If anyone has a simpler solution I would appreciate it. Also, feel free to explain the best/easiest way to seperate colors in photoshop and adding reg/marks.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
ok well here is what i would do. If you have reg marks made on the flattened image.. use your magic wand tool and select the reg marks.. leave the selection edges visible and go to each color channel one at a time that you have made and edit/fill/black on each channel. that will fill your reg marks for you in each channel. I just read what i typed and it may sound a bit confusing. Let me know if i need to explain that better

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks that helped a lot w/ the registration. I am printing on a black shirt and need to put a flash of white b4 I print on the black. Is their a simple way to get an image into all black?? I am trying to use the paint can but for some reason it will not let me alter the image?? thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts