T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this or not...hopefully it is. I plan on building a website in the near future. I am working on some other things now and I will probably get to the website in a month or two. However, I would like to register the name as soon as possible. Our web address will "hopefully" be the same as our business name and as of now it looks to be still available. Can somebody point me in the right direction on this. I use a computer all day and am familiar with several software programs, but I have absolutely no experience with web design, google ad-words, web linking etc. Hopefully this stuff won't be too much of a hurdle. If anyone has any related links to this or who to contact I would more than appreciate it. Thank you, EB

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah, Go Daddy is good. It sounds like you are piling everything up. For the URL just register it. You don't have to let your mind beat you up with all the SEO stuff till you get there. That is after you figure out how to get the site built. I like to call what you are getting into "sweatin' bullets" Learn to love the feeling, sort it out, and 'git 'er dun'.
If I get out of hand... It's the New Years resolution. Oscarrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for the replies. I plan to check on these sites this afternoon. Yeah, I can wait around a little to build the site, but I really need to register the address. Thanks again..........................this is an awesome site to get info, maybe some day I will be providing some instead of asking a gazillion questions.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have been using IX Web Hosting for some time now . . and it seems that they are running a few specials -- check it out . .
Personally I would go with the Unlimited space -- as your biz goes - so will your site . .

as far as my sites goes,... I haven't had any issues

Have a Great Day

Diane :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I just registered the site with GoDaddy. The address was available and I only did the quick check-out. I didn't add any options as of now. I am assuming I can log into my account later and make changes as needed. For someone starting an online shirt company, which of those options would be good to have. Not sure if I would need any of them. I basically want a simple site that I can add a shopping cart to and have my own email on there. Though, I am sure there are some benefits to the more expensive options. Thanks

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I don't think you'd need any of the extra options at godaddy.

Actually, I think that's their one downside. Too much upselling to get people to buy stuff they don't know about and probably won't need. But since their domains are probably losing them money, they have to have the heavy selling on the order form to get you to buy the higher priced services.

As long as you got your domain, you're off to a good start. The good thing about domains now is that they are so inexpensive, even if you decide not to use that one, you can just register another one. Domains used to be $70 per year (and higher I think)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Keep in mind Bulldog, just because you registered your domain with godaddy does not mean you have to subscribe to their hosting services. You own the domain and can have it directed to any dns.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i am trying to launch my website - i tried to upload a file from shopfactory to www.ipowerweb.com and so far customer services aren't very helpful my idiot cousin recommend i registered the domain name with www.register.com then for web hosting signed up with www.ipowerweb.com when i can add web hosting from www.register.com

geez i need a good web hosting that will host my website and have no problem with upload a shopfactory file

·
Registered
97 Posts
Our URL is through GoDaddy, but we are using a local ISP for the hosting. Heck you can even get software for building the site and offer the FTP and hosting and all. They kind of suck you in with the low cost of the software and their proprietary file format to try and force you to use their services. Try out a few free trials and see which might work best for you. Site Spinner is one of them. We decided to not go with them. The programmer picked out something she can work with easily. Anyway, the point being is that you can get some really easy sitebuilding software cheap and you don't have to get tied into the big league companies and the huge learning curve of some of the well known brands. Oscar

·
Registered
243 Posts
Try www.iyd.com. Not the cheapest to register a domain, but you get what you pay for. The most flexible domain services I've found in ten years! You have full control over your domain. A+ customer service if you should need it.

In my experience, GoDaddy is extremely diffuclut to deal with and some of their tactics are quite deceptive.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I wouldn't recommend IYD at all. I've had just the opposite experience with them. They are deceptive, they don't want to honor registrar tranfers out, and they are slow in responding to emails.

I've found godaddy to be pretty easy to deal with although I now register domains through enom since I have a reseller account there that allows me lower cost domain registrations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts