T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found the refurbised R2000 from epson website. I just wonder how is the condition of this refurbised stuff. Is the printhead is in good condition?
Anyone here use refurbised printer before? what is the "refurbised" actually mean? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I purchased my my Epson , one week later it failed , they sent me a refurb. I was not happy that I had just purchased a new unit and replaced it with a refurb , but I think it was a way to avoid a recall on the product . It has printed fine for 2 years now .

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
US - EU no, but I belive you can if you are a citizen of EU and buy in another EU contry (need some verification on that).
Boguslaw, thanks for the reply. For the epson warranty, actually every parts still need to charge right? I mean for example, mainboard has spoiled, they still charge on the parts right? then what the warranty for?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
If you modify the printer (for example for DTG) or use non genuine inks then NO you will not have a warranty. But if you use it as a regular photo printer with epson ink, then yes all is covered.

(BTW a tech can know if you ever put an non geniunie cartridge or ciss in it:D)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you modify the printer (for example for DTG) or use non genuine inks then NO you will not have a warranty. But if you use it as a regular photo printer with epson ink, then yes all is covered.

(BTW a tech can know if you ever put an non geniunie cartridge or ciss in it:D)
all is covered with no charge? sounds good :rolleyes:

(btw if i change old parts from others printer into new printer, did they know? lol)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I would now. So I guess the tech also:)

Everything electric is coded in VRAM by resistance. Every short circuit to fool a sensors also.

Apart from that each part serial number is machted with a printer serial number.

Tech would have to really dum not to notice any change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.