T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Some reflective vinyls have a metallic content that cannot be cut with your normal vinyl cutter. I have had reflective vinyl cut by Stahls.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Dave,
Just wanted to add that there are different types of reflectives on the market. If you are decorating a t-shirt for road crews, construction, situations that require high visibility and need a ANSI certified product...be sure to ask your supplier. You can learn more about the ANSI safety standard online. 3M manufactures a good cuttable product that meets these standards.
Good Luck to you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
At the risk of sounding silly...what is actually required to make the reflective vinyl reflect? Am brainstorming a major marketing program and hoping not to have to do a lot of costly field testing. So, my question again...how dark does it need to be and how powerful the light, which I am assuming needs to be absolutely direct, correct? Any facts would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Arnbabe! No question is silly! The reflective layer of the material contains glass beads that reflect white light back to you when light source hits the surface of the material. The darker it is, the brighter the reflection. There are several different types of reflective on the market, some are geared for fashion and some for safety wear. They will perform differently and all reflectives have their own reflective properties and vary from one to the next. Generally, those used for safety are ones that have a wider angle of reflectivity. Hope this is helpful. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts