T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a Brother GT-782 and was just talking to a sales rep about the cost of the ink. He mentioned that Brother was coming out with a refilling station that reuses your cartridges so that you can just refill them yourself. He also mentioned that this was a rental to keep the cost of ink down. He also mentioned that it was a 40% savings. He didn't mention how much the rental fee was though? So I thought I would put this out there and ask if anyone else has heard of this or was the dealer lying to me. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well that rep is coming to my store today. I am going to ask him again about the refilling station and am going to record the whole conversation. I'll update everyone as soon as I hear from him in about and hour from now.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well they came and left. They said that the refillable cartridge station will be released with in the next 9 months. The did say that 4 lucky people are using the and having great success so hopefully they will release it soon. I was impressed by the shorts that they brought me as a sample. Hopefully now my financing comes through so that I can buy one of these babies. Can anyone tell me what the best price is that they paid for a machine and from who so I can go through th as well. Also if I go tp a show will I get a better price?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Well they came and left. They said that the refillable cartridge station will be released with in the next 9 months. The did say that 4 lucky people are using the and having great success so hopefully they will release it soon. I was impressed by the shorts that they brought me as a sample. Hopefully now my financing comes through so that I can buy one of these babies. Can anyone tell me what the best price is that they paid for a machine and from who so I can go through th as well. Also if I go tp a show will I get a better our inkprice?
Park, I would give a while before to try to refill (if this really was to be an option) The whole reason for having a closed system is not to rip you off by charging more for ink, it's to control "one more variable". The people loading the bags of ink are trained and make sure that your carts are up to a certain level of quality control. If you do this yourself, you are just opening yourself up to buying the wrong ink, not degassing properly, or storing it incorrectly. If you are going to put clean ink in a dirty bag, you might as well try it in bulk bottles and there are lots of cheaper machines with cheaper heads you can do that with...:) If and when Brother has this option , they will make sure that dealers are first in line before end users. If you are hearing this from a "dealer" I'd be very leary. I'm not sure if I'd even buy the machine from this guy. Get a second opinion.

Ian

Reactions: jeremyc

·
Registered
337 Posts
Or if he assures you that there are people trying this refilling stations, ask him for picture of said contraption. If brother really wanted to lower their ink costs by refilling old cartridges or reconditioning old cartridges with new bags they could do so by buying your cartridges back. Somehow this refilling station thing sounds a bit like bait to me, once you fork the money they can say the thing did not work out , or problems arose so on and so forth. If such a thing has to come out tell him you'll wait 9 months before buying it. If you buy this machine do not do it on the account that you'll get cheaper ink, do it on prices that are available on the market today, and today being what matters.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am looking to buy a Brother GT-782 and was just talking to a sales rep about the cost of the ink. He mentioned that Brother was coming out with a refilling station that reuses your cartridges so that you can just refill them yourself. He also mentioned that this was a rental to keep the cost of ink down. He also mentioned that it was a 40% savings. He didn't mention how much the rental fee was though? So I thought I would put this out there and ask if anyone else has heard of this or was the dealer lying to me. Thanks for your help
From what I have heard, you will have to lease the refilling station from Brother for somewhere in the $400 range per month. So it will only benefit high volume shops.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone bought this for less then $48000? That was the quote that I received for the printer. I was just wondering if this was a good price or if there were better prices at the shows.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I forgot to mention free installation by Brother tech. I was going to buy the viper pretreatment machine, but am still raising the money.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts