T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy an A3 printer to use for printing transfers, but I am having a hard time finding a pigment-based CIS for it. Almost all the suppliers I found are only offering dye-based CIS for the printer I'm planning to buy. By the way, I'm in the Philippines.

So my questions is...

Can I just buy a dye-based CIS, then drain the ink, then refill it with pigment inks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What printer is it? If the printer is built for dye ink, I think the issue you may have are your print heads. Pigment ink may be too thick to pass through.
It's the HP Officejet K7000. From what I read, the black OEM ink is pigment, while the colored OEM inks are dye.

I've read quite a few posts saying that pigment ink is better than dye when it comes to printing transfers...I actually haven't tried dye ink yet, and I'm pretty satisfied with the pigment inks. Unfortunately, the HP Officejet K7000 is the only A3 printer I can find in our local market, and if it's dye-based, I guess I'd have to delay my plans of buying a printer (until I find an A3 printer that uses pigment inks).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts