T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy guys, Love the forum, been really helpful so far. Im new at the 4 colour game. Im just wondering what some opinions are, on getting a four colour image lined up one the exact spot on the screens. I have heard that actually making the same "Dot" or mark on all of the separated images will help when it comes to aligning the images. Any hints? experiences?
Im using 20x24 screens, and 8x11 transperencies. it would be nice to have custom 20x24 transperencies printed wouldn't it...................
Thanks Guys and Gals!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Are you talking about registration marks? Your art program should be able to put them on the separations if you enable it. I usually just create my own though so I can bring them in closer to the image.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, registration marks. I understand the concept of using them. My question should have been directed at how to burn the screens, once images {avec Registration marks} are separated, and ready to burn . Are there any tricks to ensure the images are aligned so once put into the press, the will line up{with minor tweaking of course}
I hope that explains my question better,
Regards.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'll try to explain how I made a registration board.

Get a large piece of card or wood draw a centre line on. mark where the top of your screen will go with a line. Then mark a smaller line as to where you want the top of your artwork to go. This will be the same for what ever design you do.
then place your pozi on the board, linig up the centre marks with the centre line and top of artwotk with relevant line. tape it down with little bits of clear tape.
You place your emulsioned screen on the board squeegee side up, you should be able to see through the crop marks and centre marks through your emulsion. Just mark these on your screen and put it to one side, put the next screen on and do the same.
When you have done all your screens you will have marks to line up your pozis on each screen all in the same position.
Hope this is clear enough. Any questions please let me know.
Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts