T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been shipping with RedRoller for a few weeks now and it is an awesome shipping site. I can save all my shipping addresses, chose which carrier is cheapest for the package I am shipping, print a shipping label and schedule a pick-up and I can even integrate it with my Ebay. And if I have any questions, their chat function connects me to a live person immediately that answers all my questions. And what is great, their service is free. All I pay for is the actual shipping charge for my packages. I'd say "Go for it!"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rodney said:
I've never heard of redroller. I just use the good old fashioned US Postal Service (through stamps.com)
But RedRoller.com will let you compare carriers including the US Postal Service and print prepaid labels right from their website without charging any extra fees or adding anything to the shipping charges.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
But RedRoller.com will let you compare carriers including the US Postal Service and print prepaid labels right from their website without charging any extra fees or adding anything to the shipping charges.
I don't really have a need to compare carriers though :)

Seems like a neat service. Should be interesting to see how they monetize it to sustain their business.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Interesting. I went to redRooler just now and entered information about a package I am shipping just for the fun of it and it did give me rates.. except none were UPS. There was fedex, DHL, USPS, but no UPS. I wonder why?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hmm, doesn't look like they are partnered with UPS.

They don't have their logo at the bottom of their homepage and for some reason, they left it out of their FAQ as to why it's not an option. Seems like they would mention why.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had asked them that question when I first started shipping with them, and they answered me that UPS doesn't support on-demand software applications but they are hoping to add them in the future.

I personally am not sad about not having UPS. DHL is so much cheaper and their ground transit times are shorter than UPS, too.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
UPS has an API just like the other companies, that doesn't seem to make sense.

If it's supposed to be a comparison site, it just seems odd that they would leave out one of the largest carriers and not mention on the site "why".

If it's free though, sounds like it could be worth a try at least.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our FedEx rep told us that UPS didn't want their rates made on a public forum like that. I guess that makes sense since UPS rates are generally more expensive. They are also one day longer in transit times than FedEx Ground to most locations (from Virginia anyway).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts