T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a problem with redlight error on epson 1290.
I have seen already another post on this topic but the link for resolve the problem now is off.
I have the same problem of the guy in the other post: " When printer is powered ,head goes slowly to left,then go fast to right and turn motor litle and emediatly lit red light and turn off green led.Dont know where is problem.Must be something about sensors.But what? My build is based to T-Dozers build V2 tutorial.Friction drive."

I have also the problem of redlight when i remove the shaft from my epson 1290.

Thank's to all

·
Registered
193 Posts
Make video, and we will try to help you.......
I think you have problems with timing and pe sensor...... you must find exact time to hit pe sensor trigger in start up mode then you will get solid green light.
But video will show us what is happening exactly

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i have videos, i will put it on internet after.
With my brother i look why that printer don't work. The main problem was the calibration, infact we resolve that, and now don't give a redlight error about calibration.

But after calibration printer gives a redlight error maybe about ASF mod. Maybe the moped of this module don't work fine.

here is a pic of the part that for me have problems:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sntvrb2ux5i0bia/2012-11-03-15-00-24.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news goto74... today i work on the printer and now all is good !!!

Now i have to build the wood structure. Can you give me some advice about the asf motor and paper sensor?
I have seen some videos and guides, but i really don't know perfectly what i have to do.
Thank you!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Like i said before you need to hit pe sensor when asf start to.work. Hold it until printer finish start up sequnce. Instal original epson driver for 1290. And epson status manager will tell you what is wrong. Please do that and post us new video

·
Registered
193 Posts
Good news goto74... today i work on the printer and now all is good !!!

Now i have to build the wood structure. Can you give me some advice about the asf motor and paper sensor?
I have seen some videos and guides, but i really don't know perfectly what i have to do.
Thank you!

you need to cut asf unit so motor and gears stay intact, just cut plastic so platen can past under the asf unit.
when you finish wooden box and mount printer on it post some pics and i will try to help you with pe sensor

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok, guys here what i experianced newly.

I took off everypart of paper feeder only gear, shaft and sensor with detector wheel remain. When i turn printer on it sees that detector but while at spinning paper time it' s stucking somehow and don' t go back little, i checked randomly while i give it support with manual finger rotation then it accepted like normal start.

I wonder that why it automatically take same way. What can i do to fix it that control gears push back shaft to controls sensor check in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
1 - Did you removed paper eject part ?
2- Did you removed paper feed part ?

If you done with them, it cause to work failure. Printer gives command to motors to spin times to work gears to detection of sensors.

So for paper eject part you need to recover it if you removed so it always detects like there is something in paper in and gives always eject error. There is plastic to open/close for sensor control.

other paper feed part is more complicated. if you removed that so there is sensor on it you need to find it first also on it's shaft there is a wheel, when you start printer it gives gear spinning then it gives wheel to rotate and while it see space hole it passes that. On second rotataion gears need to go little forward again, at that point my printer don' t do it :) so i' m giving that manual rotation and it goes ok.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok my friend, from there problem is starting. Paper feed sensor not working with manually. It must activated to see light and dark; so there is small wheel to do this. while power on printer paper feed motor is start to work and give rotation to gears that works via turn the shaft and wheel on it, so you are telling that you removed that part at that point it can' t see sensors open/close at right time.

You need to check it carefully.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry for my bad english :) I'm joining from turkey; not much good at english,:p

While you' re working on your dtg printer project always go step by step or suddenly you forget to use needed part.

You don' t need to use paper feeder complete part but at least you need it's sensor controller to check on at needed timer. so you can use any simple part for hold to shaft on it's line and you can remove big plastic parts. It will do it's work without it too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.