T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I printed my underbase and it looked great, then printed color over it and the colors dont pop? especially the red, am I supposed to wait a while then load it to print color or what am i doing wrong? What about making the 1 pass with underbase and 2 passes of color how would i do that? I pretreat shirt and white looks awsome..??

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They all checked ok, no break and i did a head cleaning prior to as well, this isnt new it has been doing it but I havent printed alot of white, when i print light colored shirts the color is awsome

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have tried 2 coats and 1 coat of underbase, both results the same, Is there a way to do 2 passes of collor over the white underbase? It looks lite the white is pulling the red in a nd making it lighter, so maybe a second pass of color will get it darker..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
8x8 300dpi, I did import it as RGB other than CMYK will that matter? Can you run 1 underbase and 2 color top coats?? I am printing cartoon 2 pass 720 on bothe under and top coats.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You don't want to use 2 passes of color over an underbase. It will be to much ink and they will bleed. What print mode are you using for your color? Try using 1440x720 color and 1440 underbase. That will give you the best results. If you use a 2 pass print mode but it only prints one pass, then you are only getting 25% of the print mode printed. 2 passes are intended for prints without underbase. When you select a 2 pass print mode you have to select 2 copies in the rip so it will print 2 passes. The first pass will only be 25% of a print mode and the second pass will be a 100% print mode. That extra 25% will give it the pop that it needs on a white shirt.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
I agree with Billy.. you want to up your settings. We get better results using CMYK colors but it depends on the artwork. Since your nozzle checks are good and you know the red is working for white shirts then your setting are too low.

Also, a second pass is gonna cause you more troubles because you will basically putting wet ink onto of wet ink. If letting it dry for a few moments isn't gonna help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so i will try the 1440 and 1440, i cant print 2 passes because it prints the underbase then color, and tries to print underbase again? The underbase is good with 1 pass its a bright white but the color just looks like its getting sucked in or mixed with the white and dont have the pop or color it should..

thanks for the help guys...

Steven

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok that wasnt it, now the car i was trying to print is yellow instead of red, I hate this machine for printing color over underbase>>>>>GRRRR, white and light colors are flawless and white only on black is great!! but over and underbase it sucks...

Steven

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Guys,
Any other suggestion? I am trying not to keep wasting the black shirts..lol.. What about letting the white dry? Does it have to be completly dry before the color is applied?

Thanks
Steven

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The color is supposed to print just fine on the wet underbase. If you wait to let it dry, the job in the rip will error out. Can you post pictures of what is happening? That will help a lot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts