T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again, just wondering if using scotch tape is ok to use to cover pinholes in emulsion? and which side of the screen would u put it on? (also with screen tape to cover the edges- which side?) Thanks!;)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I use scotch tape to cover pinholes...I put the tape on the shirt side of the screen , so the tape doesnt move when I pull or push the squeegee.

I put the screen tape on the sqeegee side of the screen.....it keeps the ink from getting in the corners of the screen ..it is difficult to get out of the corners once there.

Inked

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use masking tape all over. Corners to keep the ink out of there on the ink side of the screen. I cover any holes and the top of the screen on the shirt side.

Usually if I print and clean, I don't have to worry about the adhesive. If I leave it for a couple days I have to use some mineral spirits and they break down the adhesive easily.

·
Registered
56 Posts
scotch tape will work but I find that i will use depending on the number of impressions i have to do ,, if its a big order I will use the red-coat. ,, the tape doesn't last as long

·
Registered
182 Posts
blue painters tape works good for me, leaves no residue. in fact when i make screens i usually have 2 seperate designs (small) on either end. then i just tape over (squeege side) design till i need it. saves on screens.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I use 3" white masking tape for my screens with no problems.

The ink does soften the adhesive after a while, but it all cleans up with mineral spirits, or press wash. Cleanup time is not effected at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts