T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently use Spectra Cut II for all my custom shirts but have been asked to press several soccer jerseys. Will Spectra Cut II work well or is a stretchable material prefered such as the Spectra Elasticut? The material for the jersey will be either 100% High Sheen Polyester or 100% soft-touch polyester fabric not sure yet. Any info or advice will be of help. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I use Hotmark 70 for all polyester and it works great. I have a customer or needs a 2xl,but wears a xl shirt and I put full vinyl designs on them and they work out fine. I know they are pull to there limit and they look good wear after wear and wash after wash . .... JB

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The spectracut II will work fine however if the garment has dye migration issues or is sublimated, you may need a sublimation blocking film - neither the Hotmark or the Spectracut II stop dye migration. It is mainly an issue if you are using white or yellow film onto a darker color jersey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fortunately I have one extra jersey available as a test before commiting to this job. I'll go in a little more confident with the helpful replies. Thanks for your time to those that have replied.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Josh,
90% of my work is done on sublimated motocross jerseys. I have been using the Hot Mark 70, only because that is what the original owner was using. Now I am ready to get into something that is more sublimation friendly. What brand/model would you recommend that will do well up to 3 layers/colors.......Thanks....Pat....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts