T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am somewhat new to screen printing, I have been doing heat transfers for quite some time and decided to make the switch. I am printing a 3 color job and I am unsure if I am printing it the most efficient way. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The job is 3 colors/3 screens (white UB, Orange, Top white).

I print the UB, flash, Print 2nd white, flash, Print 2nd white again (for good opacity), flash and then hit the orange and into the dryer the shirt goes.

My mesh is 155 for UB, 155 for 2nd white, and 200 for orange.

It's currently taking me about 6 mins to print 6 t-shirts, I have 6/6 Manual press.

Thanks

· Registered
8,278 Posts
First since your print flash print your white you shouldn’t need to print a highlight white. If I was printing a UB, a highlight and color I would print flash UB, hit color, then highlight white. As long as color and highlight white don’t touch you can print wet on wet.

You are currently doing 60 shirts per hour. I can do a 3 color flashing everything at 72 a hr on 6/6. If only flashing an underbase that increases to 108 an hour.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.