T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my heat transfer machine and my new plotter. Well, I am very excited, but I was so excited about getting the machines that I forgot all about the Thermo Flex Plus material or EasyWeed. LOL!!!

Well, I was wondering if the group can recommend a place where I can buy a starter kit Vinyl package that will have different colors. Primarily I am looking for silk screen like vinyl but that I can use for Football jersey type material, that will not bleed.

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
383 Posts
I used thermoflex plus on football jerseys, I then switches to easyweed because I like it better and it's cheaper. As for starter kits, I'm not sure there are any as it comes in small 5 yard rolls anyway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used thermoflex plus on football jerseys, I then switches to easyweed because I like it better and it's cheaper. As for starter kits, I'm not sure there are any as it comes in small 5 yard rolls anyway.
Hi, Thanks for replying. Is the easyweed you use shinny glossy or is it opaque (flat) looking. I dont want it to look vynil like I want it to look as if it was silk screened, but thicker of course so material doesnt bleed through.

Could you point me to a link that shows me the material?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I dont really know anyone that has starter packs per se, but imprintables does have inventory kits of vinyl. You might want to check them out.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi, Thanks for replying. Is the easyweed you use shinny glossy or is it opaque (flat) looking. I dont want it to look vynil like I want it to look as if it was silk screened, but thicker of course so material doesnt bleed through.

Could you point me to a link that shows me the material?
It's very much the same as thermoflex, it's actually softer then screen printing imo.

Siser EasyWeed T-Shirt Vinyl Film 15" x 5 Yds. - EW

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up getting these three to try them out :)

Siser EasyWeed T-Shirt Vinyl Film 15" x BY THE FOOT $3.08
1 $3.08 Customizations: Red
ThermoFlex PLUS 15" x BY THE FOOT $3.54
1 $3.54 Customizations: White
ThermoFlex SPORT 13.75" x BY THE FOOT $2.98
1 $2.98 Customizations: White

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
So I just got my heat transfer machine and my new plotter. Well, I am very excited, but I was so excited about getting the machines that I forgot all about the Thermo Flex Plus material or EasyWeed. LOL!!!

Well, I was wondering if the group can recommend a place where I can buy a starter kit Vinyl package that will have different colors. Primarily I am looking for silk screen like vinyl but that I can use for Football jersey type material, that will not bleed.

Thanks,
Robert
Just to add my thoughts -

I would recommend getting the following colors: white, black, red, navy, royal, athletic gold

If anything go heavy on white and black.

Also, as far as the strike through goes, you will only have a problem if your garment contains polyester. I'm assuming your football jersey does, but the good thing is it probably isn't sublimated - so bleeding may not be a major issue.

If you think your garment will have problems with dye migration then source a white material that blocks this. This type of material is usually available outside of the normal line, as it is specially formulated for this purpose.

Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I tried several different types of vinyl to find the one I preffered. I have used Hot mark 70 and really like it on many applications. I like the Eco film for cotton t shirts. I encourage you to experiment and give yourself a chance to know what you like best. .... JB

·
Registered
383 Posts
One reason I dislike the thermoflex is because of how hard it is to peel after pressing.... it almost wants to take off the letters because the backing paper is so strong.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yes right off the press.... but the backing paper is so sticky I'm afraid I'm always going to pull off the design. Of course this doesn't happen, but it sure tries too.
Something is not right if your text/graphics tries to come off when peeling the backing.

If you're using ThermoFlex Plus, then make sure you are following the Specialty Materials instructions for the best results.

The recommendation is to peel warm or cold.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I agree with Mrs. Blue. I have tried the thermoflex and peeled cold, and it worked great.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sorry I got it mixed up with the 125 other transfers/vinyls I have tried lol I do cold peel the thermoflex plus... even cold with small details it really pulls at the vinyl, like I said it doesn't come off or lift up.... but it always looks like it will on the detailed stuff.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was having problem with thermoflex neon colors. I peel cold and the adhesive is very agressive. I peel the other colors hot though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts