T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, newbie here. I am getting a heat press to put logos onto canvas (duckcloth) - I plan to get a lower end heat press - maybe $900 - and probably using ink jet heat transfer paper to transfer the images to the canvas. This is really all I know about heat press image transfer. I figure it must be easiest and cheapest way to get it done, but maybe not....
Assuming it is, do you have any recommendation for an ink jet printer and an inexpensive heat press?
Also, are all transfer papers similar or is one better than the others?

Any opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

·
Registered
365 Posts
Assuming you are using a light colored Canvas, Jet Pro Soft Stretch seems to be the favorite transfer for lights. If you are doing any larger quantities, I'd order plastisol transfers.

As far as a press goes, Hix would be my recommendation, but any of the Stahls are solid as well (Mighty, Phoenix, Hotronix, or Stahls). I'd recommend shopping Craigslist and Ebay for a used 16x20 press unless you are just wanting a new one. Either way, I'd recommend getting a quality brand name. Then if you decide the business isn't for you, you can always get a good amount back by reselling your equipment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts