T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!!!!

Every standard white, pocketed, wrinkle resistant polo with poly/cotton mix that i have tried is SEE-THROUGH. You can basically see nipple coloration right through the shirt. I ordered 10 different polos which were all around 5 - 7 oz.....every one was see-through. I'm guessing that polos 8 - 10 oz. would be thick enough to prevent the nipple show. If anybody knows of a WHITE, POCKETED, WRINKLE RESISTANT polo that is NOT see-through pleeeeaaaseeee let me know. Price does not matter.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, the place your getting your shirts from is pulling a fast one on you. Follow this chart when converting GSM to Ounces

130=3.84
140=4.13
145=4.28
150=4.43
160=4.72
170=5.02
180=5.31
190=5.61
200=5.90
240=7.08
260=7.67
280=8.26
300=8.85
325=9.59
335=9.88

Now keep in mind 155-180 GSM is fairly thick fabric when talking %100 cotton. Half Half with poly I would say maybe decreases the thickness by what 25%?

Now the true test is to grab a square meter of the fabric and weigh it to see if your getting the proper quality to what they say.

As for polos, PM me the price your paying right now, and the amount you usually buy and I can get you a contact that can help.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Please help!!!!

Every standard white, pocketed, wrinkle resistant polo with poly/cotton mix that i have tried is SEE-THROUGH. You can basically see nipple coloration right through the shirt. I ordered 10 different polos which were all around 5 - 7 oz.....every one was see-through. I'm guessing that polos 8 - 10 oz. would be thick enough to prevent the nipple show. If anybody knows of a WHITE, POCKETED, WRINKLE RESISTANT polo that is NOT see-through pleeeeaaaseeee let me know. Price does not matter.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Marino,

white color is easy see through, but how could be like that you get 10 different polo, then 10pcs see through, so what's the texture of them? all pique mesh, or single jersey? something interlock, else?

Maybe vary the texture of fabric will help protect it from see-through.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts