T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the purchase of our equipment, we received a mess of screens. Unfortunately, alot of them are "locked in" and in sad shape. We spend 30-45 minutes cleaning and reclaiming a Plastisol screen only to find out there are spots that are useless.

Now we are into a batch of larger screens that were apparently used for Yard Signs. If I understand this correctly, that uses a WaterBased ink and that said, that ink is dryed on the screens. Is there any chance of reclaiming these screens or am I better in the long run at rescreening them or pitching them?

Suggestions?

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of his stuff screens have been trashed... literally. I found the squeegee he used for the bigger screens and i couldn't get the ink off it with a screwdriver. Some of his screens have 3 or 4 different colors of ink on the frame, screen, just about everywhere. He definitely didn't consider cleaning anything. Even cutting the mesh out on some of them... it will take an hour, if even possible, to clean the frames up to something usable.

Lesson learned when buying used screens...

Thanks for the info....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.