T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, been with cafepress for awhile but was really limted to my print size and left for awhile to screen print, which ended up being a crazy risk and expensive, but worth it in the end.

One of my printers shut down for awhile so I opted to try them out on some of my more wild vibrant colored designs and see what they can do.

Below are the images of the design and then actual pics of the tee, not a mock up...the close up ones should show how well they actually did on this one!

I've had simpler colored designs come out shady looking so I wanted to test their color capabilities to see exactly what my customers see.

I was very impressed with the color for being DTG, and only wish we could have bigger prints or placements...

Let me know what ya think, and anyone else have some photos of their OWN produts...

*I believe the upclose shots changed the tone of the blue, but the shots of both tees together show its a lot closer to the color of the original design.*

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rachaun,

Thanks for the nice samples. I think what this shows is the difference you will get when viewing with RGB colors and how they print in CYMK. You can use either in your computer but, ultimately, they will be printed in CYMK. To eliminate any surprises, try to use CYMK colors when designing and then print a quick paper sample to verify before sending in. My monitor is not as accurate as my printer so it's a good proof.

The RGB colors are great for website use to make your site, "pop." But, here again you want your customers to see exactly what their getting, so for the actual shirt samples I would use CYMK.

Thanks, Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts