T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make my own silkscreen template but I am not sure how to handle a cut out like the letter O. How do I re-attach the center of the O to the screen?

If I were to use photo elmulsion? Is a darkroom required to make a template from a photo.

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
MrTee said:
I want to make my own silkscreen template but I am not sure how to handle a cut out like the letter O. How do I re-attach the center of the O to the screen?

If I were to use photo elmulsion? Is a darkroom required to make a template from a photo.

Thanks
I would stick with the photo emulsion. RLX is a good entry level emulsion. You don't need a darkroom just a "dark" "room" :) I used to do all this work in my bathroom about 18 years ago. You just need a red or yellow light to protect the emulsion. You are gonna need a light to expose the screen as well. How about this? You tell me what equipment you have and I will see if I can help :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
triplej,

Thanks for the info. I think instead of all the work involved in cutting out the design, the photo emulsion will be the easiest solution.

Can I use a photo light or can someone sugget a light to use for photo emulsion.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts