T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Hey, folks. Really quick question(s)..

Gold bold lettering on chocolate brown shirt. Should I underbase?

And, yellow lettering on lime-green shirt. Underbase?

Thanks!
The gold on brown, yes, unless you use an opaque ink, but you will need to print/flash/print (using the opaque ink). Since it's a thicker ink, you can't use to fine of a mesh.

As for the yellow on lime green, you might be able to get away with a normal yellow ink, but once again, I would probably print/flash/print.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
i find print/flash/print with yellow works but doesn't give a bright color.
I tend to agree with this. The only reason why I believe it may work is because the lime green has a base yellow to begin with. So if you print/flash/print, the yellow in the shirt might have enough of a base to allow for the yellow ink to print well.

Of course, it will also depend on what ink is being used. Union makes a nice soft ink that probably won't work, but they have thicker inks (as well as some other companies) that most likely would.

I imagine it's a matter of testing with your inks and determining whether it will work for you or not. The good thing is, you can always make another screen if needed!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I tend to agree with this. The only reason why I believe it may work is because the lime green has a base yellow to begin with. So if you print/flash/print, the yellow in the shirt might have enough of a base to allow for the yellow ink to print well.

very true, if the ground color isn't too strong it shouldn't effect the yellow too much. Print an underbase white will make the yellow pop allot tho and help create a contrast between the lime green ground color and the yellow ink. no underbase will slightly tint the yellow, giving the yellow ink more of a complimenting tone to the ground color.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts