T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO!! So glad to have found this group! I have been learning about vinyl cutting with my SILHOUETTE. I feel like my business is off to a good little start with basketball tshirts and now on to baseball but having tons of issues with miss cuts and no cuts right in the middle of my designs! Taking the fun right out of what I am doing! I want to learn more? What cutters are good, programs to run them that are not too awful complicated! And where are you buying your wear!! Thanks!! Look forward to hearing some ideas where to start!! :)

· Registered
71 Posts
Have you ever thought of trying Silkscreen printing? I started off using Vinyl and heat transfers but once business picked up it was very time consuming to do shirts that way and there were times that I had issues with my vinyl cutter after cutting out the same designs several times it seemed like it would start to miss cut and caused even more frustration. When I learned about silk screen printing It saved a lot of time & now I only use my vinyl cutter for small jobs.

· Registered
71 Posts
I can give you a list of a few things you will need to start out and I will try to answer questions you may have.

Things you will need are:

1. Silkscreen press
2. some type of exposure unit (you can also use sign making vinyl to make your screens if using water based ink there are videos on youtube that will help with this)
3. some screens & squeegees
4. Ink
5. Transparencies & emulsion (if you plan to burn your screens instead using the sign making vinyl)
6. a flash dryer

You could get away with air drying your shirts then use your heat press to fully cure the ink if you are using water based ink. Also once you start to get more business a conveyor dryer will really come in handy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.