T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I buy?
I am so greatful to come across this forum.

I am ready to put the plastic down and I would like to know what you think about the set up.

I would like to buy the Heat Master 16x20 heat press and the Epson 1280
printer. I have read horrible reveiws from non-t-shirt printing costumers about both the epson 1280 and the C88 the biggest complaint was the ink consumption.

I am concerend that the heat press has not been around for too long so I am wondering if I should go with the tried and true, (according to you experts) HIX brand.

If you have a better set up for me let me know. I am looking to do personalized photo items, t-shirts, tote bags, tiles, etc.

If anyone is out there that are doing personalized items I would like to know what you think about this niche?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I use an Epson 4000 inkjet printer which I have found gives me exellent photo quality images - when printed on micro fiber shirts they are not much different from a "regular" photograph. We use Artanium UV+ ink and Colortec Sub-Trans 95%+ transfer paper which also helps a lot.

·
Registered
950 Posts
starprince said:
What should I buy?
.........I would like to buy the Heat Master 16x20 heat press and the Epson 1280
printer. I have read horrible reveiws from non-t-shirt printing costumers about both the epson 1280 and the C88 the biggest complaint was the ink consumption.

I am concerend that the heat press has not been around for too long so I am wondering if I should go with the tried and true, (according to you experts) HIX brand. .......
Hi starprice,

Well, you certainly can't go wrong with the Hix, but I have a Heat Master and I can tell you that it is made extremely well. If there were no Heat Master, then I would buy a Hix.

Cindy over at TLM supply didn't seem to like the C88 either. She thought the C86 was better. Don't rule out the R series either. The R300 R320 etc. They use die based inks, but you can get a bulk Magic Mix pigmented ink system for them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your answers. Decal Design, you just made the Heat Master company $1000, they should give you a cut.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm sure you will love it. Did you end up getting the 16x20?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts