T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am very new to the business. I sell girls sports tees. Custom designs on trendy fitted girls tees. I expected to sell at local events, games, tournaments. Maybe Im a bad marketer but no one seems to be letting me. I even offered to give them some of the proceeds. If anyone has an suggestions on how to do this or how they go about it I would really appreciate it. I seem to be getting really frustrated and part of me wants to give up!

·
Administrator
14,177 Posts
Tell us more about your efforts. Did you start at the top with the league association/Field owner and work your way down? What reasons are they giving for denying you access? Are you talking to the right people? Is there a concessions company who has control? Is what you are selling competing with what is already being sold? Do they even allow any outside vendors?

·
Registered
17 Posts
my thought is that its not just your product which has to snatch the interest, its you, the seller.

if you are 'uninspiring'(if thats the word), then your less likely to be given a gig because people may be doubtful as to whether you can sell.

Its not always easy to put on that 'okie dokie' chipper front.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
it doesn't hurt to be friendly and have enthusiasm... if that's what you are saying... If someone came up to you in a monotone voice and said... hey wan't to buy some shirts... how would you react? Make it fun and get involved with the group you are trying to sell too and build a relationship... you never know who you will meet... and if your fired up about what you have to offer... than maybe they will be too... good luck...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Check out eteamz.com they have a list of different sports and sporting events. We sell at a few girls softball tournaments every year and a opening days for girls and also for a couple of little leagues locally. Normally 10-20% is expected. Girls fastpitch is pretty big and there are tournaments going on every weekend all over the place. we live in the Houston area and they play ball year round here. We did a tourney with about 70 teams of 8&u girls and we did over $2k in two and a half days with 10% of that donated. We sold only shades and some softball novelties but there was a t-shirt vendor along with a few others which included anything form Dots ice cream to jewelry. Back to your other question also look in the web pages of the sanctioning bodies of the leagues in your area. They should have contact info for the different leagues. Hope this helps some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts