T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to screen printing, but I am wanting to print half tones and gradients to expand my business beyond simple school and church t-shirts. My question is "How do I know what to set the angle and frequency to in corel draw x4? I am unsure how these settings effect the artwork so any information on this topic would be appreciated. Thanks:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
For normal prints (i.e., not a special effects print) the frequency is dictated by the mesh count. The formula I use is MESH COUNT/4.5 . Your angle should be chosen to avoid moire which is an unwanted pattern that develops in a print due to the interaction of the line angle and the mesh angle. Definitely stay away from angles such as 90 or 45 degrees. The angle I normally use is 37 degrees. - Scotty

·
Registered
612 Posts
Some rip programs over-ride CorelDraw or whatever art program you are using. I use AccuRip and when you set the specs like Scotty and Dave have suggested in the Rip, it overides Corel or P.S. so you don't have to worry about setting it in those programs. Check with your rip software instructions.

Good luck,
Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts