T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I am getting ready to re-stretch some regular aluminum screens and i have the 2 part glue, the mesh, and a hand stretcher. I was wanting to know the best thing to use to clean the edge of the frame with to remove the old glue. There is some extra glue still there and some emulsion. Tried paint thinner but didn't really do anything. Help please

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use a montipower mbx. the angle grinder does not work very well. i have tried many different blades brushes and sanders. the angle grinder will not take off the glue evenly and will heat it up and it turns the glue back to goo while working on it. I know from experience. I bought over 1000 23x31 uses frames and tried almost everything. The mbx was expensive but so worth it. also when you restretch dont use that superglue. It does not hold as well as it does on wood frames

·
Registered
71 Posts
On the angle grinder i have used a wire cup, the circular wire, and the circle wire with the twisted sections. I have tried many other attachment i thought might work. One of the problems is the angle grinder turns too many rpms. i did use the grinder for a couple dozen screens. it does not work well. before you waste money i can post a video on youtube if you want.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Please post ... I have allot of Alum/screens to re screen and newbe have no clue how to remove the glue or screen watched a vidio on rescreening but left out the taking off old stuff..
Thanks
Cat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts