T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Needing some serious business help

Sandi and company..thanks, ill p/u quick books this week. Chad i did p/u the button but I just keep banging my head against it and nothing.
Hey does anyone else use a dtg machine as their primary business? Im interested to see how others are useing it.
Hi, we've purchased FastManager PRO a few months ago.
You have no Idea how much time we save running our Shop. From the Sales Department (Quick Quotes with all the Vendors in the system), Auto Scheduling, Administration Department etc. Being in control with the click of a button. Regarding the accounting, it Intergrates with QuickBooks. We've paid less than $3,000 with the greatest pleasure. We've already paid the initial investment, just with time management & being Organized. .
I've tried various other Business Management Software but it was not a fit for our Shop. Read the article in the Printwear Magazine.
My suggestion is to have a strong foundation for your company and be in control.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Software for salesperson to work with Quickbooks

Did you find a Business Management Software? Read the article in Printwear Magazine (July/August) regarding Business Management Software. They have nailed various issues regarding questions you need to ask before purchasing a Business Management Software.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Help managing item lists in Quickbooks

Does anyone have a good system for organizing their blank apparel items in Quickbooks?

We're a screen printing company that is allowing for clients to print on a variety of different items. We're just starting to learn Quickbooks and I can soo see our item list getting really out of control.

For instance, if we tell customers that we will print on Hanes style # 5170 then that's over 150 items in Quickbooks (28 colors, and 5-7 sizes in each color) I'm assuming that there is no way around having to create a gazillion items in our item list, but does anyone know of a "good" way to do this?

Currently our item list is set up with sub-items as follows:

T-Shirts:Hanes:5170 (Ash Grey) S

This gets us individual item names but it doesn't lend itself to data integrity and in general it just doesn't seem right.

On the other hand, if we separated things into more sub-items we'd have a bunch of sub-items listed as "S":

T-Shirts:Hanes:5170:Ash:S
T-Shirts:Hanes:5170:Black:S

That doesn't seem right either.

Soooo what's a good way to do this? Does anyone use their own model numbers? We toyed with creating descriptive sub-items like gender and fit to make it easier for us in a bunch of different ways. We are planning on using a Yahoo Store, does anyone how much does this will affect the "back end" of our store?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hello Kevin,

Did you also considered investing in a Business Software Management System?
We use FastManager PRO and the program has over 50 Vendor Catalogs build into the database. They will have life integration with some major Vendors soon.
Oh, and it Integrate with Quickbooks.

In the latest Printwear Magazine you can read about Management Software.

Build your business on a strong foundation and be steps ahead of your competitors.
Being in Control is very important - we've saved so much money since.
Try it for 30 days, that's how I bought it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts