T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
Re: Jet Wear for Darks

JB, I moved this post out of the forums, as the OP didn't ask where to buy the paper, but rather if anyone has used the paper.:)

It's much the same situation as before when you posted about Josh:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/moderated-threads-posts/t52905.html

Friend promotion is much the same as self-promotion. Giving out the website address of friends, especially when no one asked for the info is kind of circumventing the forum's policy regarding self-promotion.

It would be greatly appreciated if in the future you stayed clear of trying to "help" your friends by sending them business.;)

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Greg, I want to ask a question about something you wrote. I truly just want to understand, so I won't make the same mistake. I know I listed 2 separate sources. I'm wondering if I had only listed tshirtsupplies if this would have been edited. I understand that self promotion by proxy is wrong. This was not what I was attempting(this time). I will admit I have been guilty of this before. I want all to know that is not my goal and /or plan anymore. I know if I expect others to follow rules to the letter,then I must do it too. Thanks for your time and your work as a moderator. I know your job (as a moderator) is not easy, but until I witnessed no rules other places. I didn't realize how truly important it really is to have someone make sure the rules are followed. .... JB

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts

Probably not.

But the fact that the OP didn't even ask where to buy the paper, just if anyone had used the paper, it seems real strange when basically you say, "Hey, you can buy it from these places".

Also, the fact that I know you and Lou are friends and you've done the same sort of thing in the past, certainly helped make the decision to remove it easier.

But, even if Lou's site had not been there, I have to admit that I would have looked at this real hard and done some more investigating.

Again, the fact that they didn't ask where to buy it, but you readily told them where they could buy it, seems a bit odd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts