T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Re: Big Brother and others are always watching.

Can't disagree with any of the sentiments voiced, and not to say I don't value my privacy, but...privacy maybe turning into an outdated concept. So what can you do?

Privacy and secrecy go hand in hand, and so those with a degree of real or perceived power can use it for manipulation. That is of course if you let them.

Let's say you're in a job interview and it's going into the dumper. Then they hit you with the double whammy, not only do you like to dance in wet t shirt contests, but you also channel aliens. So your reply is yeah, is there a problem with that? They get on their high horse, but you've done your homework on their company. Ask them what's up with the executive management embezzlement, the outsourcing of labor, the illegal dumping in the river that runs behind their office, or maybe just the horrible tv commercials they cram done your throat.

Okay, so you don't get the job, but you leave with your integrity and backbone strong, and we all know that is simply...(ahem)...priceless.
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/89/71/23317189.jpg

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts

I've moved this post out of the "big brother watching" thread.

Actually, the reason it had to be moved is related to the thread :) JupiterImages owns that image, and when you link to the photo on their server, their web tech guys see that people are linking to their photo and go and try to track down who is using the photos without permission.

They have a very active legal department. I had a web hosting client who designed a website for one of their local customers and used an image from that site in the header of the site without permission (not linked to the image, but saved it and photoshopped it, and put it in a header) and they came after her with a lawsuit (no cease and desist) for licensing fees owed for using the image.

It's better not to hyperlink images on other people's servers in general because it is seen as stealing bandwidth (and sometimes intellectual property in the form of the image used).

Any questions at all, just let me know.

Thanks,

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

interesting, I had no idea. and I was like "sheesh, Rodney won't even let me give praises without it getting moved to the Mods section." haha. I will be more careful on linking images in the future, thanks for the explanation Rodney!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Do we have any emoticans of smiley faces clapping? lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts