T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Re: 50yrd Rolls of Sign Vinyl- Sources & Prices?

Hi there, I moved this post out of the forums because it's really not a good idea to discourage someone from posting their opinions.

If you have a problem with a post, it's best to click the "report bad post" button and let the admins/moderators decide whether or not the post crosses the line.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

If you prefer a member continually bashing businesses and manufacturers go right ahead.
Let it be known COEDS failed to follow thru on the sale of a hat press to me. But it is ok for him to bash others for poor customer service.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts

If you prefer a member continually bashing businesses and manufacturers go right ahead.
Let it be known COEDS failed to follow thru on the sale of a hat press to me. But it is ok for him to bash others for poor customer service.
Obviously, I don't prefer that members continually bash businesses and manufacturers, but in this case, I don't think it's happening.

Each case has to be taken on a case by case basis, and sometimes it does cross the line into company bashing, and sometimes it's just a person sharing their opinion.

Where that line is drawn is going to be subjective, but we do our best to be as fair as possible to both consumers and businesses. If you're a consumer, you'd want to know about businesses to avoid (coeds isn't the only person with a problem with that particular company).

Let it be known COEDS failed to follow thru on the sale of a hat press to me.
Care to share more details about this? There's a million (legitimate and illegitimate) reasons why a sale might not go through.

Was there something you wanted me to follow up on about the sale?

This is the first I'm hearing about it, so if you want to provide more info, I'd be happy to look into it. You can also always reach me by email and PM.

Lastly, we do have a "feedback" system for the classifieds called "itrader" feedback:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/itrader.php?u=5017

That will allow you to leave details about your transaction (or failed transaction)

I would highly suggest that you try to work things out directly with COEDS to see why it didn't go through, but I'm happy to look into it for you if you like.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This was about a year ago. He was away, then back then somewhere else went and ultimately sold it to some one else. This happened over a 2 week period. But he's got the gall to bash others on second hand info and you allow it.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts

This was about a year ago. He was away, then back then somewhere else went and ultimately sold it to some one else. This happened over a 2 week period. But he's got the gall to bash others on second hand info and you allow it.
Thanks for the additional details. That makes more sense on why it got sold to someone else. If he was away, then it's possible that he missed out on your communications or couldn't make the deal happen somehow. That's a lot different than you originally presented it.

But he's got the gall to bash others on second hand info and you allow it.
Where did you see JB "bash" others on second hand presses? If you see something that seems to go against the forum rules, you should click on the "report bad post" feature, because with 1000's of posts here, it's impossible for us to see every single one. If you see something that seems to go against our forum guidelines, it's probably because we didn't see it, not because we "allow" it.

To be honest, I haven't seen JB "bash" anybody about buying second hand, brand name equipment. Actually, I've seen the opposite where he recommends that if people are buying second hand via ebay or locally that they at least get a brand name press.

But as I said, I haven't read every single post in the forums, so I could be reading different posts of his than you are. If you see something that seems out of line, just take a second to click that "report bad post" link so we can review it. That sends us (admins/moderators) a direct link to the post so we can review the thread and see if there's a problem (and fix it if necessary)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks for the additional details. That makes more sense on why it got sold to someone else. If he was away, then it's possible that he missed out on your communications or couldn't make the deal happen somehow. That's a lot different than you originally presented it.
No, he was communicating with me while he was away just kept changing his story.

Where did you see JB "bash" others on second hand presses? "second hand info" is what I said. How many posts does he have that say "I hear people have had problems with brand X." Second hand info.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts

No, he was communicating with me while he was away just kept changing his story.
Ok, I'm getting a better understanding of the story. I just want to make sure I understand why you were passing the information on to me. Did you want me to do something about it or follow up on it. You mentioned it for a reason...I just want to make sure I understand what that reason was.

Where did you see JB "bash" others on second hand presses? "second hand info" is what I said. How many posts does he have that say "I hear people have had problems with brand X." Second hand info.
Ahh, I get what you're saying now. Info, not equipment.

He's not the only member to have done that. It makes sense if you've read lots of posts in the forum where people post detailed accounts of experiences they've had with a company, then you would pass on those experiences to others asking about it.

I've done it myself. I've read a lot of information here, and sometimes people will post really good information or experiences with a vendor. Several months down the road, a newer member will ask a related question. If they haven't had the benefit of seeing the great information that was posted before, it makes sense that someone would want to share that information with them to help them in their decision making. Sometimes that information is a good review, sometimes that information is passing on a negative review.

As long as it's clarified as "I've heard company X did this", then it's not being stated as a fact or as verified information, it's really just passing on what they read or heard. That does't seem misleading to me, or a company bash.

If you were getting ready to make a major purchase from Company X, wouldn't you want to know if there may be any issues before/after the sale. Just like a general heads up that you can check out or verify on your own?

I guess that's the way I've seen those posts. You would classify those as company bashing because the person didn't have first hand dealings with the company?

I usually categorize company bashing if the information posted is untruthful, unprofessional, or posted repeatedly in an attempt to badmouth the company at every chance.

Again, part of that is going to be subjective, but do you feel COED's post crossed that line?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

How about you invite the defamed businesses here to defend their position instead of letting the "I heard" keep going. Only because I've seen GK and SW both get negative publicity here at your business and you let it go unanswered.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts

How about you invite the defamed businesses here to defend their position instead of letting the "I heard" keep going. Only because I've seen GK and SW both get negative publicity here at your business and you let it go unanswered.
The businesses are well aware of this forum. Nobody has been "defamed". If people are posting their honest, truthful opinions, I'm not sure how that would be even close to be "defamed".

They are more than welcome to post here and respond to the comments. MANY companies do just that.

You may not have seen it, but there are many posts here from various companies who have seen customer comments here in the forums and have responded directly to them.

You didn't respond to anything I wrote above.

Only because I've seen GK and SW both get negative publicity here at your business and you let it go unanswered.
There's no rules against negative publicity here. There's a difference between having a negative opinion or sharing your negative experience with a company and our rules against "company bashing". I've outlined those above.

Not all customer reviews will be positive. Not all customer reviews will be negative.

I think there is actually a great balance of both here in the forums so consumers can make informed decisions on where they want to spend their dollars.

Even some of our own forum sponsors have had negative reviews in the forums. They understand that it's part of business and most of them use it to improve their services and see it as an honest feedback from customers that they may not have had before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts