T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The usual conundrum. I'm working a reunion type gig. Doing the event T shirt and a few other custom designs that I've made up.

The expected audience is up to 800 adults in the 40-70 age group. Mixed probably 60/40 men to women. And a fair proportion of them will be beer drinkers.

Certainly the event shirt will be no good to anyone after the event so I'm trying to work out what ratio of sizes to produce so as to meet demend but not have a lot of dead stock at the end. Never done anything like this before so its all guess work.

Anyone like to hazard a guess of what sizes to concentrate on? I'm thinking XL for the guys and M or L for the women.

Thanks
Alex.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I would probably suggest reducing the medium to 10 percent and increasing the XXL to 20 percent.

You can always fit people into bigger tees, but not the other way around.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
It's difficult to guess. I think splathead's numbers are in the right area, but I might try something more like:

3X 5%
XX 15%
XL 30%
L 30%
M 20%

You don't want to get rid of too many shirts from the bottom end of the size chart - even a men's medium is very large on a woman. Although the older demographic are unlikely to want their shirts to be form fitting, so you could try adding 5% of the Ms to XL.

·
Administrator
14,642 Posts
If it's not too late, would be nice if the organizers could ask this kind of question on the registration form:

"We will be having commemorative t-shirts for sale at the event. What is your shirt size?_____"

Then as registrations start coming in, you would have your ratios right there in front of you.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've done shirts for several benefit concerts. I usually do mostly large and x-large. Medium usually accounts for about 15% of the sales. I do throw in about 3 of 2XL, and 3 of small. If someone needs a 3XL, I get their name and address and send it to them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts