T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody:)
Can anybody tell me to where i get the work to convert bitmap images into vector and what charges should i get.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Deep.

·
Registered
584 Posts
There's also a link for a college that made a program that convert rasters to vectors almost perfectly and for free, but I have misplaced the link and can't seem to find it on Google. . .

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
There's also a link for a college that made a program that convert rasters to vectors almost perfectly and for free, but I have misplaced the link and can't seem to find it on Google. . .
I am guessing that was Vector Magic. That service isnt free anymore. You can purchase tokens and work online or purchase the conversion tool for home use.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I have flexi, corel trace, inkscape, some vector magic tokens left and AI. All of these programs have raster to vector conversion apps. There are a few other free conversion tools available online. I think one was called vector eye, rasterbator, magic tracer...I used to have a list and I did post it on this forum a while back. Probably posted under a vector magic thread.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Vector Magic...the once free but now a fee based program..has three ways to use..1) $7.95 a month for unlimited use. 2) pay as you go...using tokens...cost about $2.50 per use 3) Download Desktop program..just released for $299.

The first $50 in tokens can be applied to the desktop version.

This program was developed by two grad students at Stanford Univ and while they were students at the Univ, using the university computers ..etc...it was free. Once they graduated, their use of university facilities stopped hence the reason for charging now.

The program works pretty good..better than the tracing programs in the grapihic applications I have.you can check out at Vector Magic | Precision Bitmap to Vector Conversion Online

·
Registered
584 Posts
Vector Magic...the once free but now a fee based program..has three ways to use..1) $7.95 a month for unlimited use. 2) pay as you go...using tokens...cost about $2.50 per use 3) Download Desktop program..just released for $299.

The first $50 in tokens can be applied to the desktop version.

This program was developed by two grad students at Stanford Univ and while they were students at the Univ, using the university computers ..etc...it was free. Once they graduated, their use of university facilities stopped hence the reason for charging now.

The program works pretty good..better than the tracing programs in the grapihic applications I have.you can check out at Vector Magic | Precision Bitmap to Vector Conversion Online
Thanks for the explanation, this is what I was thinking of. I just have gotten so used to AI LiveTrace feature that I haven't used the site in a while, and had no idea they were now charging. Regardless, it would probaly be a very nice program to invest in because it has given me some fantastic results in the past.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts