T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First some background:

I live on an island called Shikoku. It is connected to the main island by 2 bridges that span quite a bit of water. Because of this a lot products prices go up due to the cost of shipping across these bridges.

This is good for me in regards to importing. This is bad for me anytime I want or need to get something from within Japan.

Now,

I called a Brother dealer located on the main island for an estimate a week and a half ago. It doesnt come, so I call them today and they tell me that the Brother doesnt want to sell me the printer because I am in Shikoku. The maker calls me and says that they dont want to sell because the closest maintenance shop is 3 hrs away and if something happens they wont be able to anything about for a day or two.

To me that is just crappy. These guys are the only DTG dealer I can get a hold of here, there are no other reps from other manufacturers around. I have no choice but to deal with Brother and they dont want to sell to me. How the hell can you do business if they say no? Makes no sense.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well its official. I talked with the district supervisor and they say I am screwed. They wont sell me a machine.

Looks like I have to deal with somebody from overseas......

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is indeed weird. They don't want to sell the machine just because you live quite far away from their maintenance shop is just crappy reason. Sorry I can't help you though.

Trying to import is not really a good idea, it will skyrocket the cost. Just a suggestion, maybe you can buy a second hand machine?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestion Robby. I have been looking a used machine
over here but they are really hard to come by......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts