T-Shirt Forums banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
there are surely many factors that the printer use to start a cleaning. After this period of intense production I can tell that one is related to the number of prints.
In my case, about every 70-80 prints, it start. So in these days, with a daily production of about 150-160 black t-shirts, 2 cleaning a day were starting.
Normally one per day when the daily production is of about 90 prints. Less than one per day when the prints are few (30-40).
Thanks for the feedback. This supports the statement that there is definitely no reason for the auto-clean because if you're pumping out the numbers, and ink is passing through the head... why the need for an auto clean, ever?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. This supports the statement that there is definitely no reason for the auto-clean because if you're pumping out the numbers, and ink is passing through the head... why the need for an auto clean, ever?
could be done to prevent clogging problems, but of course it seems only a waste of ink, especially for who are able to properly maintain the printer.
Not all users are skilled and probably not all users follow the maintenance rules. So an auto clean sometimes could be fix these distractions.This is the only explanation that i found unless to think to a deliberate ink consumption into the firmware.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I got a call this morning from my Epson rep' telling me there is new firmware released today to address the auto-clean issue. The Version is CL01604270. I haven't installed it yet so no idea what it does, but looking forward to finding out. Get on it comrades. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got a call this morning from my Epson rep' telling me there is new firmware released today to address the auto-clean issue. The Version is CL01604270. I haven't installed it yet so no idea what it does, but looking forward to finding out. Get on it comrades. ;)[/QUOTE

Did the firmware update work for you

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Did the firmware update work for you

The new firmware adds a visible timer to the display which counts down 6hrs of actual print time between auto cleans. It also adds a preventative clean to the menu to reset the timer which is a 4 minute Medium Clean. The auto clean has been reduced to a Medium Clean instead of a 7 minute Heavy Clean. You also can do a medium Clean which will reset the timer.

There is also a temperature warning on the display when/if the head is overheating which also causes the auto clean.

The printer will still auto clean on start up if you skip a day of use, (like take a break for the weekend), so Monday morning when you turn the printer on it will auto clean after circulation.

So although the printer will still auto clean sometimes and does require a Medium clean every 6 hours of print time, I think it's an improvement over the old firmware.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts