T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I started off doing my daily maintenance of the white retrieval and reload. When I went to do a white test print my GT 782 made a noise that sounded like something binding or the sound like if the print head hint the platen. Well I looked and the print head was clearing the platen fine and notice the sound was coming from up in the machine above the print head. I noticed that a thin piece of metal was humped up above the white rail. This piece of metal stretches the entire length of the rail and folds back when the print head moves along the rail. Has anyone else seen this or had an issue with it?

You can't see it in this picture but this will give you references as to where I am talking about.

· Registered
341 Posts
mmmmmm Out of curiosity I've just checked in my machine and the strip is perpendicular/vertical to the rail not horizontal, I would look from above taking the doors apart ( just some screws and not hazardous either you or the machine) who knows what might happen if you keep printing like this, maybe nothing, I would not risk it.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have stopped printing because I don't want to risk anything. I did take the back panels off and can clearly see it now. It appears to be a strip of wiring that runs to the print heads. That is good to know that yours is perpendicular to the rail instead of flat against it. Thanks for the help.

Can anyone else look at theirs and see if it is flat against the rail or standing up vertical?

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I am pointing to in the pictures is simply a band of wiring going to the print head. I adjusted its position slightly and the problem stopped. I don't know if that was the problem or if it was the arm bumping the back of the machine and it just straightened itself out.

· Registered
431 Posts
Did you get the arm adjustment and plastic guard service done? This was a service done for all 782s by Brother.

Depending on when you purchased your 782, you might just need the arm adjustment done to make sure the arm height is set correctly to prevent binding when the arm is in motion. Brother sent out a tech to do ours and our machine was purchased late last year.

I'd contact your dealer or Brother technical support directly to find out if your machine was overlooked or if the new parts and adjustments were done prior to shipping your machine to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.